Home

My League longevity

This is a discussion on My League longevity within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2017, 01:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My League longevity

This thread will be dedicated to solving issues that affect the long term balances in My League.

A lot of us are huge My League fans - but a lot of issues start to occur after the first 3-5 seasons.

1. contracts are huge for role players which prevents teams from building a balanced squad.

2. old stars end up refusing to take discounts for their long term teams

3. open 3pt ratings skyrocket for all players

4. rookies never seem to reach their potential

5. new superstars are rare after lebron retires

Feel free to add your own - but the point of this thread is for everyone to share what works for them in SOLVING all of these issues and tweaking the mode to get the best (+ most realistic) and longest playing experience out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #2
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: My League longevity

Definitely the best, and possibly only, solution for those problems is custom draft classes. Best thing to do is hit the roster section and download some custom fictional draft classes. Although most custom classes are rushed and terrible, there are some that put a ton of effort into them and make solve those issues that most people see.

The only unfortunate thing is that most of the classes take a lot of time to do so you won't be able to get a ton of detailed classes. I guess something is better than nothing though.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #3
Pro

Multiple players of one position are signed to a team. 5 C and 1 PG etc.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:14 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

NBA 2k17 MyLeague After 5 Years: Data Showing Problems
Old 07-11-2017, 11:13 PM   #5
Pro

1. There is little contract variability: We just saw Durant take a pretty stellar pay cut to stay with the Warriors. In my MyLeague Randle asked for 22M despite being EXTREMELY LOYAL, and refused to take anything less. Not to mention the numerous players that have taken cuts over the years.

2. Free Agents either don't know or even pursue their value: Some free agents what every damn dollar available to your team while others are happy taking pennies. Andre Roberson, for example, will sign for about 2M after the 2016-2017 season, and most players are like this. (It's a result of the intangibles and potential ratings)

3. All CAPs look like god damned monsters and their editability (is that the word I'm looking for?) is non-existent. Honestly, after two years all the players are the ugliest sons of basketweavers you've ever actually seen, and it's pretty depressing. Plus, there is NOTHING that can be done about it. You can't change ANYTHING about a player's physical appearance in MyLeague outside of creating a new draft class.

4. Unclear Sliders - this affects MyLeague more than anything. Without knowing very specifically how different slider values affect the game we are left tweaking blindly hoping something works out. You can work your damndest to improve sim or player stats but you're pretty much flying blind. You tweak here or tweak there, and HOPE it works out. If not, you start over. No one but 2K knows how some of the more specific sliders work, or even the effect that takes place going from 50 to 45 or vice versa. Without that, we can't really customize our league how we see fit.

5. Player models are not "true to life"": This bothers me more than anything. When you go into the actual NBA character models for "Wingspan", "Torso", "Shoulder Width" most say 50 | 50 | 50 for all but the most high profile players. The problem is those things may affect stats as I know Wingspan does. The larger your wingspan the less accurate your shot is, or some such.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2017, 02:57 PM   #6
Rookie

After trying to replicate having tyreke evans signing with memphis and rudy gay signing with san antonio, I realized that a players peak end age increases their contract demands. So now with those type of bargain players, I edit their peak down to their current age and their demands drop significantly. Potential also has a huge effect.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #7
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

My biggest issue with MyLeague, is that after a couple of years (especially once players start retiring) the league starts to become extremely oversaturated with those ugly generated Rookie CAP's smh

This wouldn't be much of an issue, if the created players in this game actually looked like real-life humans & were truly distinctive from one another...But the fact that they don't look human & all of them look the same (due to lack of variety in facial expressions, hair styles, body types, & face features) really makes them an eye sore to look at...which kinda kills the replay value of the mode for me

Last edited by Harrypotheadd; 07-15-2017 at 03:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »