Home

I can't make jumpers, should I switch to real shooting % to save my life?

This is a discussion on I can't make jumpers, should I switch to real shooting % to save my life? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2017, 03:06 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
I can't make jumpers, should I switch to real shooting % to save my life?

I can't make jumpshots for some reason for 2k17, I have been going to the gym, and practice the shot styles for the players I use, but still I just can't make shots consistently at all, I am wondering if I should change it to real shooting % to save my life, or is there a secret I don't know that can help me shoot better? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2017, 04:15 AM   #2
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I can't make jumpers, should I switch to real shooting % to save my life?

I've played around 3 full seasons in MyLeague this year and everything was okay. But from on day to the other(or one update to the other) I couldn't make jumpshots either. Seems like something with the releases in general got changed.

After not playing for about 2 months I started to use real shooting % yesterday and it works for me. Don't know what happened, but I hope this won't be taken over to 2k18
Old 06-25-2017, 09:44 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
I've played around 3 full seasons in MyLeague this year and everything was okay. But from on day to the other(or one update to the other) I couldn't make jumpshots either. Seems like something with the releases in general got changed.

After not playing for about 2 months I started to use real shooting % yesterday and it works for me. Don't know what happened, but I hope this won't be taken over to 2k18
but is real shooting % like a cheating, what exactly is it? The reason I called it cheating is because you don't have to master a shot's form of a player, you just press the button?
Old 06-25-2017, 12:09 PM   #4
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
but is real shooting % like a cheating, what exactly is it? The reason I called it cheating is because you don't have to master a shot's form of a player, you just press the button?
I believe the opposite holds true. If you master the meter you could shoot 70% for days, and if you get a green release it goes in 100% of the time, just seems arcadey to me. Whereas, true % is ratings and shot quality driven. You have to take good shots, and the higher the ratings the better chance you have of connecting.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-25-2017, 12:34 PM   #5
Rookie

The thing with real FG% is that I feel as if the CPU is taking low-quality shots and making them, while I'm taking the same quality or better shots, but missing them.

I've had CPU hitting moving mid-range jumpers and step-back 3s, while I'm bricking spot-up 3s with a good shooter. I can still beat the CPU, but when I'm playing well and finding the open man, I'm not running away with the game.

I find that the CPU intentionally forces me to miss a few open shots to keep the game close.

Similarly, the CPU starts hitting even during their bad offensive sets just to keep the game close.

It got me tired of 2K. I like intense, close games, but not when they seem artificial.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2017, 12:52 PM   #6
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Give it a shot. If you're still not making enough shots then you could look to other factors or maybe even sliders to get it more to your liking. I live by real shooting as it allows me to focus on running an offense and getting quality looks. I like to play with different teams and players. Plus, I don't want to get too good with players I use a lot. I remember shooting like 85% from the line with Shaq back in the day because I mastered it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »