Home

NBA 2K18 MyGM / MyLEAGUE Details & Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 MyGM / MyLEAGUE Details & Screenshots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K18 MyGM / MyLEAGUE Details & Screenshots

If they added all these new features in mygm, just imagine what the gameplay is gonna be like.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #74
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Draft and Stash? Awesome.

G-League? Good stuff.

Create a player mid-season? Hell yes.

Alternate slot for a rebrand? Nice -- but it looks like it's only one. Swapping templates still seems the way to go, but now that we can tag/favorite our favorite creators, that makes it much, much easier.

The addition of rebranding just the court floors without losing the arena entirely is very nice.

Quote:
Improved Draft Class Generation
We spent a fairly considerable chunk of time early in development this year re-thinking how we generate prospects, particularly with respect to their player types. Looking back on 2K17, we just weren’t satisfied with the breadth of players coming out of the generated draft classes. With NBA 2K18, players now have a more appropriate spread of attributes and tendencies with respect to their given player type. Our new system allows us to more easily update the generation templates outside of the typical monolithic patch release, meaning we can continue to update this logic all season long based on your feedback.
^That is one of the keys for a buy this year from me. The draft class generation and tendencies in 2K17 are bad. Five-year sims into the league resulted in game-breaking stats and insane numbers if you didn't have the progression/regression and team training sliders tuned just right.

This isn't a buy until I see and read from the early adopters how that looks.

Further, there needs to be gameplay improvement defensively because the AI was a joke last year and easily got picked on with the most basic plays.

I'm very impressed with all they added in for the franchise modes -- as an avid MYLeague guy, I loved everything they said. But I need to see it in action and I need to see it for a few weeks before I commit.

Last year they said lots of cool things too that ended up being implemented poorly or not in the way the trailers made it seem (looking at you "Authentic Arena" trailer).
Old 07-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 1

I bow down to your efforts 2k. Just incredible. Almost everything I was hoping for.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 4

so no varied Create-A-Player body types.....

Old 07-27-2017, 01:03 PM   #77
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

As an exclusive offline MyLeague player all of this stuff sounds awesome. 😁
What I wanted most was improved generated rookie classes. They delivered on that. They also added a ton more. I'm not getting my hopes up entirely before I get to play but it definitely all sounds awesome. Can't wait 😊
Old 07-27-2017, 01:08 PM   #78
Rookie

lvnba's Arena

It is very disappointing to see that one more year, Online leagues won't be getting the attention they deserve.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:11 PM   #79
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

If you draft and stash a player and he is in Europe for 2-3 years will he get better in that time? Say I draft a 19 year old kid from say Greece who has a ton of raw talent, but is a 70 OVR. In 2 years when he gets to the states will he be something like an 80-82 OVR?

Anyways I am extremely hyped for 2k18 now. I usually just play MyLeague, but I may dabble with this ne MyGM thing this year. I wonder what new if any rule change possibilities they added to the offseason.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-27-2017, 01:17 PM   #80
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

MyGM Slider Support?

"Taking a cue from MyLEAGUE, MyGM: The Next Chapter now features a number of new customization options and sliders that can be used to personalize the experience."

Sliders in MyGM is a nice addition. I hope the story isn't overpowering but it doesn't sound like it will be. I imagine it's going to be the same as before with the meetings (& some additional things) but more drawn out with cut-scenes.

Love the CBA addition, G-League return, Analytics Tool, & Player Accessory Frequency.

Would be nice if we could get various hairstyles. I'm excited for 2K18. I'm thinking there are a few little things that likely wasn't mentioned that will be new additions to MyGM/MyLeague as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »