Home

NBA 2K18 Trailer - Shook Ones

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Trailer - Shook Ones within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2017, 12:44 PM   #97
Pro

RyanJS08's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Trailer - Shook Ones

Biggest takeaways for me are the improved body types (Wiggins, Reggie Jackson, Gordon Hayward no longer have the skinny body type, look much more realistic) CP3 also doesn't have the body builder body type, he looks a lot better too. On the other hand there's a lot of guys that are lacking necessary muscle definition. Some guys have the same scan, which is unfortunate but not a deal breaker. Biggest eyesore was the Clippers Jersey...not dark enough at all. Even if the used the same blue of the Warriors that'd be fine. Hopefully that's fixed.

Last edited by RyanJS08; 08-16-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #98
Pro

Meh..

looks great, as always but at this point if its not tangible gameplay, dev blogs, or meaningful info ? Meh..

All i can say is 2k is very comfortable right now. Too bad, was really hoping they could make me eat my words and regret cancelling my preorder. The same marketing strategy, same vague communication with devs, gives no hope that this not 2k17.5

Too bad, even with all my disappointment with 2k recently i was still hopeful theyd reel me back in but by the looks of the trailer - its the same game with a touch up to offball animations and menus. Hope is not dead but its definitely dying out fast

on the fence about purchasing used or not at all, this trailer doesnt give me any excitement
Old 08-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #99
Rookie

I'm very high on 2k but this is one of the more disappointing trailers I've seen. Only saw stuff I didn't like, like Jrue Holidays hair, and Andrew Wiggins, and Anthony Davis, and Kawhi Leonard
Old 08-16-2017, 12:53 PM   #100
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Dribble moves looked about the same for everybody to me. Atmosphere looked nice, but it's all about the timing of those things and the right sound. Gonna wait to see some more.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:54 PM   #101
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I love the people that get legitimately upset over these hype trailers. Like 2k is the only company that does marketing.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app
I mean even by 2k standards this trailer left a lot to be desired. I at least expected a bit more in terms of action and highlights. But you also have to consider that OS users are die hard fans that aren't easily impressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 12:54 PM   #102
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Can I just say, this is partly the reason they wait with showing stuff as the "new" wore off on the graphics a bit with so many screenshots. They haven't helped themselves with the lack of hair/facial hair updates and lack of muscle definition either. Also, I think the NBA Live demo has undermined them a bit as Live's graphics are pretty amazing outside of some weird faces. The textures definitely make 2k look flat in comparison
Old 08-16-2017, 12:55 PM   #103
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Just yesterday, people were asking for a trailer because they were tired of screenshots.

This is the same kind of trailer 2k has been doing for years. How are ya'll going to base a decision of buying the game or not on their annual hype trailer? Of course it's not going to be as convincing for you to buy, you've seen this trailer before in years past. The real improvements are going to be under the hood, and frankly, everyone should know that by now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 08-16-2017, 12:58 PM   #104
Banned

Shook Ones, a classic rap song, also kind of hinted at classic teams footage for me what's up with the blue jerseys of the Clippers, waaaayyyy offff!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »