Home

If 2K Decided to Make Classic Teams as DLC...

This is a discussion on If 2K Decided to Make Classic Teams as DLC... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2017, 08:56 PM   #33
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: If 2K Decided to Make Classic Teams as DLC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
How would you feel? I only buy DLC for WWE games but if these teams like Miller's Pacers or Barkley's Suns were included and the price was right like 10 or 15 bucks I would bite. They already made college teams DLC before. I feel this would be a better idea because of rights. What do you think? Silly idea? Wishful thinking?
I'd spend $0 on DLC classic teams, and I'm saying that as someone who exclusively uses classic teams and players.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:04 PM   #34
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

I would have no interest in paying for them.

When I buy a game, I'm buying the game, not just part of it so I can buy the rest after I get it. Paying for more annoys me.

Also, I rarely use the Classic Teams anyway. An occasional Exhibition against my brother or something.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:11 PM   #35
Rookie

mrbigshot's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
How would you feel? I only buy DLC for WWE games but if these teams like Miller's Pacers or Barkley's Suns were included and the price was right like 10 or 15 bucks I would bite. They already made college teams DLC before. I feel this would be a better idea because of rights. What do you think? Silly idea? Wishful thinking?
I honestly would still pay depending on the amount of classic teams. if you're talking 10 extra teams..meh. most of the teams that we have now are actually accounted for so I wouldn't see the point in paying extra DLC at this point now. but if they somehow incorporated some sort of new feature into a dlc, like a game mode along with classic teams, then i would be all for that. but if they were like "we will give you 40 additional classic teams. I would buy that, i feel like if they were offering 40 new classic teams in addition to the ones we had i would feel that would be worth my money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 08:27 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 3

Not buying DLC.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:00 AM   #37
Rookie

hyretic's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamalam
This.

Either by individual season, groups of seasons, decade, entire package of NBA seasons.
And draft classes for every year. Imagine being able to start a MyLeague with the 1980 league and have draft classes of real players every year. That would be incredible for DLC.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:11 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 4

I'm surprised that they haven't tried that yet. As of now, 2k uses the old school teams to help sell the game. But to me, I don't know what else they could add to these games to make us buy it every year.

At some point in sports games, I wonder if we'll ever get to the point where they charge us for a base game every few years, and give us dlc options like classic teams to support the game.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:22 AM   #39
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

If they charged money for classic teams/players in the state it's in now it would be LA riots part 2.

They'd HAVE to make the classics as detailed and complete as possible to even contemplate charging hard earned money for it.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:07 AM   #40
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

OVR: 0

All they have to do is charge VC points for teams and player additions later after a release and it should work that way because than people have a choice between buying the vc points or earning them to get whichever (or all of the) players they want in their game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »