Home

Does 2k have too many ratings?

This is a discussion on Does 2k have too many ratings? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2017, 07:50 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 33
Re: Does 2k have too many ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
Too many ratings? Not at all. Too many badges? Absolutely. Too many poorly rated players, especially on their tendencies? ABSOLUTELY.

There are some pretty useless ratings though. Intangibles comes to mind. Also too many tendencies that get overridden by their badges, like alley oops, post moves, euro step, etc.
Generally agreed, except that intangibles has an important role on concentrating subjectivity into one rating, it affects overall which happens to have an important role on my league and my gm, therefor leaving little to no excuses at all for 2K to overrate/underrate individual attributes ... if anything, I would love for it to have even more weight on a player overall, like be able to affect a players overall from 1-15 pts, IMHO that is.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:38 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

I agree. Too many ratings. Playing NBA 2K13 or 2K14 was much more fun than playing 2k17.
I love editing my players but with so many ratings and tendencies today it becomes overkill.
This is a part of the game that made me lose interest. It took too much time to edit everything I wanted and I decided to quit the game.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:03 PM   #11
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengist
I think a large problem with some of the gameplay we see in NBA 2K17, or even some 2k's recently, is that ratings, especially tendencies, cancel each other out. I'm sure others have better examples, but I think guys who IRL attack the rim but who shoot tons of midrange shots in 2k and play passively are a prime example.

I think 2k should cut their ratings/tendencies categories in half. I think the AI gets overwhelmed with all the possibilities of what can happen and instead of seeing on a fastbreak that they have a clean layup at the rim......they launch a fastbreak 3.
Cut tendencies in half?? Hell no lol. If anything, there should be even more. I've been messing around with tendencies all year; the amount in the game isn't the CPU's problem. If you play with a good roster, you'll see most of that fastbreak 3 stuff cut out.

The one issue that's basically hardcoded in the game are the wide open step back threes. That needs to be fixed on 2K's end.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »