Home

Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations?

This is a discussion on Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2018, 06:21 PM   #3377
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Does anyone here know what overall I would need for a 6'4 pure sharp point guard to reach a 75 ball control? How long will it take to grind. Using a pure sharp as my pg for my pro-am team is only worth while if I can get access to the pro dribble moves.
I believe it was 94 OVR for my 6'5 buddy.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:51 AM   #3378
Rookie

XxCavaliers360's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAT
Do you think your sharp/slasher is better than the other builds because of badges? I'd imagine your new players don't have badges yet. I play with a buddy who is a shot/sharp and he is a scoring MACHINE.
I don't know what it is; technically, my pure sharp has way better quickness/speed stats than my sharpshooting slasher, but it sure doesn't feel that way. Maybe it's a mindset thing (I'm assuming height/weight determines a lot too).

Like I said, I based my sharpshooting slash on Blake Griffin (which seems like the ideal player to base a park build on); I honestly think it's all mindset -- how you use your player and playing your role. Every build should be viable. I could still playmake as a rebounding defender because I keep my head up and am always looking past the guy defending me... so many players can't do that; they only try to blow by their guy, and only pass it when they have to/feel like they've ballhogged for too long (obviously your build should contribute to your strengths though).

I mean, is there really a "best build"? Sharpshooting slasher was in Agent 00's top 5 worst builds at launch but at the midway point he was touting it as the best... I know Curry rules the NBA, and when you're playing 3v3 on the park the matchup to watch out for is a pure sharp, but even as that archetype I noticed my rebounding defender could move around the court so much more freely; like there truly was a difference, which pleased me.

But there are obviously comp pure sharps that have their release down to a tee that it isn't even fun, so what do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
Hope to find a build like this in 2k19 to play from the start rather than so many failed experiments.
This is inevitable brah, and they could and probably are changing the system again; the one thing I have always regretted is deleting builds out of frustration/the desire to focus on one... I never learn.

Last edited by XxCavaliers360; 07-15-2018 at 02:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »