Home

Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations?

This is a discussion on Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 09:06 PM   #1313
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations?

After getting my save back, I like my 6'11" defense/rebounding C. I thought I might have it hard on offense but it's not really that bad in terms of finishing so I can live with being DeAndre Jordan. My first Walk On game I had a 20/20 game. Unfortunately, the second game I got put at the SF and two other C's just clogged the lane the entire game so I had 4/6/4 but the potential is there. I'm only at a 73, so I can imagine once I get him higher up there in overall. I'll probably keep him strictly Playground unless I'm running with a squad of 4 or 5 because Walk On matchmaking is still broken.

My side playmaker/sharpshooter is also probably the most fun offensively I've had with a PG in years. Only at a 70 but it's nice to be able to shoot 3's confidently unlike last year where as a 96 overall playmaker, I was scared to overdo it shooting. Also despite the layup struggle for some, without even upgrading it, I find I can make layups fine and even some contested ones I wouldn't think I'd make.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:49 PM   #1314
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac
After getting my save back, I like my 6'11" defense/rebounding C. I thought I might have it hard on offense but it's not really that bad in terms of finishing so I can live with being DeAndre Jordan. My first Walk On game I had a 20/20 game. Unfortunately, the second game I got put at the SF and two other C's just clogged the lane the entire game so I had 4/6/4 but the potential is there. I'm only at a 73, so I can imagine once I get him higher up there in overall. I'll probably keep him strictly Playground unless I'm running with a squad of 4 or 5 because Walk On matchmaking is still broken.

My side playmaker/sharpshooter is also probably the most fun offensively I've had with a PG in years. Only at a 70 but it's nice to be able to shoot 3's confidently unlike last year where as a 96 overall playmaker, I was scared to overdo it shooting. Also despite the layup struggle for some, without even upgrading it, I find I can make layups fine and even some contested ones I wouldn't think I'd make.
You got your save back? How long did it take?
Old 09-18-2017, 11:23 PM   #1315
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

the speed and acceleration on big post scorers & rebound/rebound are bad. basically anything with bruiser as a primary badge feels like a truck when running unless you lower the weight or are a rebounding/defender

defending/rebounding
rebound/defending
pure athletic
atheltic/rebound
rebound/atheltic
defending/defending

are the quickest centers in the game

rebounding/defender is one of the most OP centers even at 7'3 and if you make it at least 300 nobody is doing anything against u period and you can still move around because your half defending.

This archetype is the only one that makes sense being 7'3 with extra weight anything else your better off going a little smaller. i shut down the paint and bully guards physically.

you can make it lighter in weight if you want but if you want to do a little scoring and improve your dunk your better off going bigger for more contact. i wouldnt go 340 though.

if you dont care about scoring period go defending/rebounding

Last edited by nyk_fatboy; 09-18-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 11:32 PM   #1316
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
the speed and acceleration on big post scorers & rebound/rebound are bad. basically anything with bruiser as a primary badge feels like a truck when running unless you lower the weight or are a rebounding/defender

defending/rebounding
rebound/defending
pure athletic
atheltic/rebound
rebound/atheltic
defending/defending

are the quickest centers in the game

rebounding/defender is one of the most OP centers even at 7'3 and if you make it at least 300 nobody is doing anything against u period and you can still move around because your half defending.

This archetype is the only one that makes sense being 7'3 with extra weight anything else your better off going a little smaller. i shut down the paint and bully guards physically.

you can make it lighter in weight if you want but if you want to do a little scoring and improve your dunk your better off going bigger.
so, you like rebounding primary and defending secondary as a big? i made a 7'1 285lb rebounding post scorer(post primary and rebounding secondary) and i feel undersized on offense and inadequate on defense.....i'm contemplating making a 7"2 300b defender/rebounder or defender/defender....should i just go 7"3 at that point? i was thinking 7"2 because i know thats the last height you can get big man contact dunks at unless you make an athletic finisher
Old 09-18-2017, 11:38 PM   #1317
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crea8vity
You got your save back? How long did it take?
Basically from 12 AM PST on Friday (3 hours after digital launch) to yesterday (Sunday). Going by Reddit, my ticket number seemed to be incredibly early compared to others so this is going to take a while depending where in the process it happened to someone.

I was hesitant even playing Career again but the patch hit and I fired it up to give it a try. Issues still seem ongoing (though apparently not as bad since it's erasing progress but keeping everything else) so I'm still trying to play it safe mostly playing with my PG which I have no issue doing with how fun it is.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:55 PM   #1318
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2K2
so, you like rebounding primary and defending secondary as a big? i made a 7'1 285lb rebounding post scorer(post primary and rebounding secondary) and i feel undersized on offense and inadequate on defense.....i'm contemplating making a 7"2 300b defender/rebounder or defender/defender....should i just go 7"3 at that point? i was thinking 7"2 because i know thats the last height you can get big man contact dunks at unless you make an athletic finisher
7'3 defending/rebounder has contact dunks bro 6'7 to 7'3 but 7'2 would get you a better vert.

i like the defender/reb too but boy them layups are cringeworthy so i just went with rebound/defender because it comes with putback king HOF i trust that more than actually trying to contact dunk with a primary defender the way this game works but its completely up to you bro
Old 09-19-2017, 12:01 AM   #1319
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac
Basically from 12 AM PST on Friday (3 hours after digital launch) to yesterday (Sunday). Going by Reddit, my ticket number seemed to be incredibly early compared to others so this is going to take a while depending where in the process it happened to someone.

I was hesitant even playing Career again but the patch hit and I fired it up to give it a try. Issues still seem ongoing (though apparently not as bad since it's erasing progress but keeping everything else) so I'm still trying to play it safe mostly playing with my PG which I have no issue doing with how fun it is.
Yeah I've been missing mine since Saturday... I'm tempted to just start a new one anyway because hopefully the patch fixed those glitches from happening again.. and I know I'll get some form of compensation from 2K eventually.. but then again if the patch didn't fix those glitches from happening then it's another huge risk buying VC again and starting a new character.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:09 AM   #1320
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
7'3 defending/rebounder has contact dunks bro 6'7 to 7'3 but 7'2 would get you a better vert.

i like the defender/reb too but boy them layups are cringeworthy so i just went with rebound/defender because it comes with putback king HOF i trust that more than actually trying to contact dunk with a primary defender the way this game works but its completely up to you bro
yeah, the offense is bad with defense as a primary for sure....i was a 7"3 282lb rebounding center and 6"9 200lb LDD small forward last year so i'm used to just being a role player but at least the rebounder had great finishing last year(pretty good defense as well)....with this post scorer i'm sure i'll be able to eventually put up 15-20 a game at minimum...but i really don't care about offense if i'm giving up 30 points to the other center every game and i feel like at 7"1 without defense in my build i'm just gonna get roasted by the 7"2/7"3 300lb
athletic/rebounding/post scorers all year..but if 7"3 doesn't lose contact dunks or much speed i'm probably better off going with that over 7"2.....or maybe i'm just over thinking all of this

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »