Home

Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations?

This is a discussion on Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2017, 10:10 PM   #1577
Rookie

VictorOzieh's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Dual Archetypes Confirmed... Thoughts? Combinations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorOzieh
im semi torn between my 2 builds. my 1st & nearest to my heart is my 88ovr shot creating Slasher & my 87 ovr playmaking shot creator. stats wise the edge goes to my Shot Creator, but my Slasher bangs on everything & anyone.

My play-style is more inside - out.

The slasher allows me to slash effectively but the passing is not too great. Middies are pretty consistent. Can green open 3's sometimes. CATCHES BODIES

Shot creator is more versatile cuz i can facilitate on offense as well as stretch the floor a bit when necessary but as of now isnt a reliable finisher & doesnt get contact dunk animations. I think layups will be consistent when i max my guy based on ratings ive seen on Youtube

...typing this all out made me realize that doing the contact dunk glitch on my shot-creator might solve all my problems...hypothetically

Animation glitch is patched on PS4 fyi

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-26-2017, 10:36 PM   #1578
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

If you dont have 100K+ VC to spend and play a lot of NBA games primarily, just put it as defending and playmaking for guards, or defending and rebounding for bigs. Im a shot creating sharpshooter and im closely guarded, like bear-hugging me closely guarded, every damn play whether the ball is a pass away or in the opposite corner. Honestly my only way to score is to drive because its so easy, yet i cant dunk even though its upgraded as much as possible. And if im playing against a good big man, forget it... Theyre gonna find a damn way to block my shot so my only prayer is to drive and kick 24/7, and because im so focused on scoring my teammates dont knock down shots as much as they should. That and if im not starting the play i never touch the ball, even though the commentators say im the #1 option and I still somehow find a way to put up 20+ as a starter.

Next year i really hope they bring back multiple practices a day, so calendar format, and give us an option to edit players ratings and tendencies in MyCareer. Not moving players or anything, just editing ratings, tendencies, etc.. That and sliders.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:45 PM   #1579
Rookie

Chas3's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I have a shot creating Slasher

How is that going? I was thinking of going to the slashing shot creator instead of shot creating slasher that I have now.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:00 PM   #1580
Rookie

VictorOzieh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas3
How is that going? I was thinking of going to the slashing shot creator instead of shot creating slasher that I have now.

I also have a playmaking shot creator lol. I enjoy catching bodies but my shot creator is more versatile & more playing w/ randoms friendly since I can space the floor a bit

Old 09-26-2017, 11:02 PM   #1581
Rookie

Chas3's Arena

Quote:
I also have a playmaking shot creator lol. I enjoy catching bodies but my shot creator is more versatile & more playing w/ randoms friendly since I can space the floor a bit

Think I'm selling myself short by not going with a more versatile build such as slashing shot creator? The mid range is +9, the 3 is +7. It has a better handle, and contact dunks. I'm mainly asking because my pro am team is starting to get together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 11:04 PM   #1582
Rookie

VictorOzieh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas3
Think I'm selling myself short by not going with a more versatile build such as slashing shot creator? The mid range is +9, the 3 is +7. It has a better handle, and contact dunks. I'm mainly asking because my pro am team is starting to get together.

Whatever fits your specific playstyle will probably be best

Old 09-27-2017, 12:47 AM   #1583
Rookie

Thinking of making a pure lockdown C, with max height and max weight. Anyone try this build already or something similar to this?
Old 09-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #1584
Rookie

I can't do pro am walk on anymore.

People have no idea how to utilize their team. I'm a 7'1 two way athletic finisher. The PF on my team last night was a pure athletic finisher.

Both of us kept trying to read the ball movement and set screens and the guards just kept throwing up shots.

It's insufferable to watch people badge chase or they just don't know what they're doing.

I hope they can address this somehow though it's not really 2k's fault.

I'm not the best at the game but I do now how to play basketball so I kind of make up for it but man it's frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »