Home

Sam Pham's Thread of 2K18 Gameplay Issues and Bugs: Hopefully we can fix some

This is a discussion on Sam Pham's Thread of 2K18 Gameplay Issues and Bugs: Hopefully we can fix some within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Sam Pham's Thread of 2K18 Gameplay Issues and Bugs: Hopefully we can fix some

Like all of you I have been watching any available gameplay out there lol I have notice many positive things and also negative things. However; not many content creator seems to want to point of the flaws in that they see, so I am just gonna do it. I plan to do this all year whenever i run into these issues so you can consider this my thread of 2K gameplay issues that I will showcase with video evidence.

Gameplay issue #1 of the year (you think is kinda early lol but seriously this is a problem):

- In 6 minutes of gameplay, there were 4 AI transition mistakes on defense.
- With closer inspection you can see these are similar to the legacy transition defense problems we have all experienced.
-Majority of these problems are results of unaware individual defenders, or multiple defenders running into each other.
- All of these mistakes resulted in immediate scoring opportunities.

*Let me know what you guys feel about this and if you catch more in other videos or your own gameplay please post it here. I will continue to add to this thread all year long with new issues, hopefully that will give 2K a large enough database to improve and fix these things. I have praised the game plenty this year but at the same time I am not gonna ignore pointing these things out. Let's improve the game together ^_^

Sam Pham

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 09-06-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #2
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

Re: Sam Pham's Thread of 2K18 Gameplay Issues and Bugs: Hopefully we can fix some

I'm with you on this as this is a great way to get the dev's attention with good feedback from the community.

But it's too premature since the game and it's Day 1 patch has not been released, many bugs will most likely have already been caught/corrected (not all I'm certain).

Big ups for the thread though
Old 09-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #3
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Re: Sam Pham's Thread of 2K18 Gameplay Issues and Bugs: Hopefully we can fix some

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
I'm with you on this as this is a great way to get the dev's attention with good feedback from the community.

But it's too premature since the game and it's Day 1 patch has not been released, many bugs will most likely have already been caught/corrected (not all I'm certain).

Big ups for the thread though
I am with you on some bugs being fixed in patch 1, but those transition issues i spotted do make me cringe a little. People on here all play a lot of 2K and I think you guys know what i am seeing there. Those are classic 2K transition mess ups by AI that's been around for awhile now. I was a little bit sad to see them play out the way they did in that gameplay, bad DEJA VU lol
Old 09-06-2017, 04:18 PM   #4
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for this Pham. This is somewhat alarming that these legacy issues still haven't been fixed. On a positive note, looking forward to another year of your tutorials.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:29 PM   #5
Rookie

The only things I'm looking out for is that live ball, touch my pinky turnover bullshyt, ball and cpu ghosting through your body (It's 2K so it's a given), and ai teammates refusing to contest opponents shots. All these improvements they've added won't mean a dam thing to me if those aren't fixed.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 07:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
Like all of you I have been watching any available gameplay out there lol I have notice many positive things and also negative things. However; not many content creator seems to want to point of the flaws in that they see, so I am just gonna do it. I plan to do this all year whenever i run into these issues so you can consider this my thread of 2K gameplay issues that I will showcase with video evidence.

Gameplay issue #1 of the year (you think is kinda early lol but seriously this is a problem):

- In 6 minutes of gameplay, there were 4 AI transition mistakes on defense.
- With closer inspection you can see these are similar to the legacy transition defense problems we have all experienced.
-Majority of these problems are results of unaware individual defenders, or multiple defenders running into each other.
- All of these mistakes resulted in immediate scoring opportunities.

*Let me know what you guys feel about this and if you catch more in other videos or your own gameplay please post it here. I will continue to add to this thread all year long with new issues, hopefully that will give 2K a large enough database to improve and fix these things. I have praised the game plenty this year but at the same time I am not gonna ignore pointing these things out. Let's improve the game together ^_^

Sam Pham
I thought Da_Czar already told us that the tendencies being updated for All-Time and Classic teams were coming in week one.... Wouldn't that help some of what you're seeing?
Old 09-06-2017, 07:38 PM   #7
Rookie

good work sam. unfortunately judging from the past, these issues won't be fixed or even acknowledged. it's really shocking that these issues still exist after all of the flack that 2k recieved for 2k17's extremely poor fundamental defense. absolutely none of the new defensive features matter if the simple fundamentals (pick up your damn man) aren't in place for them to work right.

along with the issues you pointed out in your video, i've seen countless ai lapses on the defense in pretty much every video i've watched. it's blatant poor coding/programming and is not due to poor defensive ratings/players. i've seen defenders backpedaling after a basket and allowing their man to zoom right past them, i've seen defenders spaz out, completely losing track of their man and the basket and just being straight up clueless for more than a few seconds, i've seen countless cuts to the rim because of bad animations from defenders, etc.

ugh, it's early and the game isn't even out yet, but like sam said, there's just so many examples of it already.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:41 PM   #8
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

So I always ask,

How do you replicate defenders making mistakes in a video game?

We call everything FLAWS, but we can't have every player making EVERY right play?

We ignore 90 percent of the times players are in the right place/right time, but when they aren't we call them FLAWS.

Help me understand

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »