Home

2K Devs, We know you are reading

This is a discussion on 2K Devs, We know you are reading within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 01:14 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Devs, We know you are reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
The GAMEPLAY is fine, but there are issues in MyLeague that have to do with rookies in the draft classes, contracts, and duplicate players. To say "Don't touch a thing, the game is fine" isn't accurate.

There are quite a few people on this forum that play offline MyLeague or MyGM. We aren't "MyPlayer 12 year olds" as you put it.
I think he was talking about Gameplay, which is indeed awesome.
I´m sure 2K already knows about the MyLeague bugs and some of them will be patched.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:17 AM   #10
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

One of the only complaints I have is the frequency of missed layups when there's anyone even in the vicinity of your player. Dude 5 feet behind? Might as well not even shoot cause it's gonna roll off the rim.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:46 AM   #11
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
One of the only complaints I have is the frequency of missed layups when there's anyone even in the vicinity of your player. Dude 5 feet behind? Might as well not even shoot cause it's gonna roll off the rim.
That can be fixed with sliders though, right? Obviously not in MyCareer (we should really have sliders in MyCareer by now, but there needs to be a way of not letting people take advantage of that in the process of grinding).

With what the others have said though, gameplay feels amazing. I mean, really just all of it, no complaints from me, just a suggestion or two. One thing i agree on that needs to be enhanced is transition defense. Defenders need to have a priority of seeing the ball at all times. If they get caught needing to run to chase the man theyre guarding thats fine, but overall defenders in transition should be more aware by jogging/running with their head turned or backpedaling. That'll enhance transition defense realistically as well as make full court passes more realistic. I already can do this with players im controlling, i can backpedal on defense and Im pretty sure I see running with their head turned, just improve on it. DONT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:09 AM   #12
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Note: I'm not really here to debate the following, but just wanted to point them out briefly right now. I'll gather more visual footage and post them in a more appropriate thread maybe several weeks to a month down the line. I was simply playing 2k18. Didn't try to "test" anything out. I simply played the game straight up on hall of fame and these two concerns are still what jumps out at me.

If the developers actually read this post.

If I have to be truly honest, my biggest concern with the gameplay comes down to two things. One is a legacy issue that can't be fixed with a patch (it's going to have to come either with 2k19 or 2k20 if they choose to address it. It's going to require the developers to completely revamp their transition defense); the other one will depend on how they decide to approach the Otto Porter Jr scenario. Other than that, my first couple of days with the game currently seems to be fine.

I only play on Hall of Fame, default slider. The transition defense for both CPU and user teammate AI allows easy long passes for those that know how to exploit long passes. It has to do with the way 2k programs the defenders getting back in transition first and foremost sprinting straight to their "spots" on the floor rather than immediately reacting to the offensive transitions. Secondly, the defenders have their backs turned and therefore, there's no way of them seeing the offensive transitions. The problem also stems from the offensive players not having to look for the pass to successfully catch the pass in perfect stride; this adds to the concern.

And as I suspected even with just the prelude, the "otto porter" situation will show up on Hall of fame difficulty and sometimes even for legitimate three point shooters.

I Spammed the Long Pass in The Prelude--here are the results...
Otto Porter Jr scenario?
Old 09-16-2017, 02:39 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
THIS THIS THIS IS HAPPENING EVERY MODE WITH EVERY TYPE OF PLAYER AND BUILD NBA, CREATED ETC

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-16-2017, 03:26 AM   #14
Rookie

Gameplay is great but I would like some more court reflections
Old 09-16-2017, 03:28 AM   #15
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
the game plays perfectly in My League All Star settings.

DON'T CHANGE A THING. NO PATCH. ITS FINE. RESIST THE URGE.

for most people, we think, "oh, if I just do this it will be perfect."

it wont. it is already the best playing basketball game of all time. its perfect.

thank you.
PLEASE listen to this man. Phenomenal Jobe gents.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 03:30 AM   #16
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

This game is truly beautiful. Having played religiously since 2k9 (and casually 2k2-2k8), I can honestly say that I can't imagine the game playing any better. Please don't touch it, 2k, this is phenomenal work. I just hope none of the HOF badges ruin the online gameplay.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »