Home

can't dunk with my shot creating/slasher

This is a discussion on can't dunk with my shot creating/slasher within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2017, 07:35 AM   #369
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: can't dunk with my shot creating/slasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Has anybody been able to consistently trigger dunk animations with a pure playmaker point guard?

If so, what is your driving dunk rating and which dunk packages do you have equipped?

I have a 6'7" pure playmaker PG and he rarely dunks, even in situations where the lane is wide open. On average, I would say I might get 1 dunk animation for every 5 times I drive in completely uncontested.
I've got a 92 Shotcreatin Playmaker, 6'7, who should (at least in my perspective) have better dunk ratings than your playmaker. I cannot get consistent animations, period. Often times in clear dunk situations my player will seemingly ignore the right trigger input and go for a layup anyway.

The real problem I have is that often times when he does attempt to dunk, he will attempt dunk animations that I don't have equipped. This has made the playground pretty much unbearable, especially house rules.

I love when I get "double dunks" in house rules but when I have an open lane my player will only attempt a layup. Then when I do get a dunk animation, He'll attempt some crazy between the legs, or bounce the ball off the floor to do some kind of windmill that I have no business doing. Tie this in with my inability to control which hand the ball is in while dribbling, and I have the least control over a MyPlayer's animation and gameplay I have ever had in the history of 2K.

I've noticed my vertical is abysmal (67 iirc, maybe a point or two higher), so I'm wondering if this is playing into things.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:52 AM   #370
Rookie

This game is so annoying.

Jumped in the playground this morning and my dude is doing 360's now.

I seriously hate what they did this year.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:10 AM   #371
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

If you bought dunk boost your player will trigger park dunk animations even when your boost is over.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 12:06 PM   #372
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
If you bought dunk boost your player will trigger park dunk animations even when your boost is over.

Christ. They ruined this mode.

Every time I get on I see a deal for %50 off VC. As if I would ever give these fools MORE money after the experience this year.

It's become Madden, and that is incredibly unfortunate.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:44 PM   #373
Rookie

OVR: 7

I have the opposite of this issue my 2way playmaker goes up for insane park dunks way too often for my play style . I don’t want him to dunk really at all and he does crazy windmills and that bounce the ball dunk often . I do not have any park dunks equipped nor do I even have the ability to do so .. yet this guy thinks he’s Derrick Jones Jr !
Old 11-30-2017, 04:22 PM   #374
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

How do I equip MyPark dunks, I have the NBA ones equipped, but I can't equip them for MyPark. 85ovr 6'3'' Shot Creating - Play-maker (default max)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 12-03-2017, 07:00 AM   #375
Rookie

Myplayer is a playmaking slasher. He can dunk but the problem im having is with dunk packages. Myplayer is performing dunks i didnt equip or even buy. But never dunks with dunk packages i equipped him with him. Tried changing packages to test but still having the same problem till now. Only started happening a few days ago before the latest patch was released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #376
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatlopuyo
Myplayer is a playmaking slasher. He can dunk but the problem im having is with dunk packages. Myplayer is performing dunks i didnt equip or even buy. But never dunks with dunk packages i equipped him with him. Tried changing packages to test but still having the same problem till now. Only started happening a few days ago before the latest patch was released.
See what the 3rd quote says: the park boost for dunks will trigger all kinds of flashy dunks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironic
I have the opposite of this issue my 2way playmaker goes up for insane park dunks way too often for my play style . I don’t want him to dunk really at all and he does crazy windmills and that bounce the ball dunk often . I do not have any park dunks equipped nor do I even have the ability to do so .. yet this guy thinks he’s Derrick Jones Jr !
See what the 3rd quote says: the park boost for dunks will trigger all kinds of flashy dunks.

Did you every play in the Ruffles tournament or boost your dunks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »