Home

horrible framerate drops on ps4 pro

This is a discussion on horrible framerate drops on ps4 pro within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 02:59 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: horrible framerate drops on ps4 pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainZ
This is correct from my own tests... It was driving me crazy, but yeah it happens in some arenas only and seems to be related to the "camera shake" crowd effect... Try the Warriors home court that is where its the worst for me. Next game in Houston and its smooth as butter. Annoying!

It may be that it actually is Every road arena indeed, I will check it when i get a chance..

No idea how this was missed in testing... Xbox 1 here btw.
It happens me to did they fixed this? because I still have it in new orleans and brooklyn areanas
Old 12-03-2017, 11:08 AM   #18
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTaylor
Can we get a patch so we can lower the resolution on Pro from Native 4k to 1080p? I don't understand that this is the only game which makes me pro scream.

Also lower shadow and LOD on the OG ps4 so people can play playgrounds.

People were complaining last year about framerates at the park when facing other courts since 2k15. How was this not addressed?

If the game is unplayable, we should be entitled for a full refund of the original purchase of the game.

This is a official release, we are not alpha or even beta testers. It is your job to stress test to see if your game, graphics, and coding were possible with this generation consoles. You knew the hardware's limitation so there is no excuse for this.
Lower the display resolution of the console to 1080p and the game will run as such. I think the frames still drop in 1080p as well, probably not as bad though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-04-2017, 04:24 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainZ
This is correct from my own tests... It was driving me crazy, but yeah it happens in some arenas only and seems to be related to the "camera shake" crowd effect... Try the Warriors home court that is where its the worst for me. Next game in Houston and its smooth as butter. Annoying!

It may be that it actually is Every road arena indeed, I will check it when i get a chance..

No idea how this was missed in testing... Xbox 1 here btw.
RainZ I have this too especially in Pelicans home court in Broklyn too and in Huston it works perfect. everything in broadcast mode.2k support said i only have this problem and refuse to help me. have you solved it?
Old 12-04-2017, 06:29 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Lower the display resolution of the console to 1080p and the game will run as such. I think the frames still drop in 1080p as well, probably not as bad though.

The game still renders it at 4k then downscales it to 1080p I believe.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:52 PM   #21
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
The game still renders it at 4k then downscales it to 1080p I believe.
I thought that was if you don't have a 4K TV. If you restrict the console to only outputting 1080p then it's up to the TV you have to upscale or downscale based on the signal it gets from the console.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 10:59 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
I thought that was if you don't have a 4K TV. If you restrict the console to only outputting 1080p then it's up to the TV you have to upscale or downscale based on the signal it gets from the console.

I don’t know we need 2k devs to confirm. Pretty sure this game has one setting depending on the console you have.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:47 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Can we get a patch so we can lower the resolution on Pro from Native 4k to 1080p? I don't understand that this is the only game which makes me pro scream.

Also lower shadow and LOD on the OG ps4 so people can play playgrounds.

People were complaining last year about framerates at the park when facing other courts since 2k15. How was this not addressed?

If the game is unplayable, we should be entitled for a full refund of the original purchase of the game.

This is a official release, we are not alpha or even beta testers. It is your job to stress test to see if your game, graphics, and coding were possible with this generation consoles. You knew the hardware's limitation so there is no excuse for this.
This is a big issue!

Not just a camera settings you can experience in different cameras, in different courts, in different situations like Playoffs games etc. etc. etc. Online and Offline, online is just a mess because of this.

Definitely a buzz-kill! I can't understand why 2k haven't really worked it out! SMH.

I believe that (just a fair assumption) this is because of the unnecessary detailed information about the fans in the stadiums, they are all kept track of every movement which we don't even look or see 1 out of 10000 times yet our beloved console hardware keep track of every little detail in the stadium and try to render everything in the memory. Why i am saying is that if the fans start to leave the court then you'll see that the game flows as it should and no more frame drops. So!

It's not a Xbox issue it's on PS4 Base as well, hell i went and bought PS4 Pro just to play the game as it should (or thought it should) yet no no no! I don't earn money easy yet here we are. Unbelievable!! I got the ps4 pro and boost mode on yet i still experience the same awful experience though i shouldn't in the first place.

There is definitely a lot of wrong things about the way 2k is optimized graphically and it's a big issue yet it's still not adressed! Unbelievable again!

This is a game breaking issue and must be fixed asap yet here we're in 2018 a lot of time and 6 patch has come and gone and no fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »