Home

why are all gameplay moves locked?

This is a discussion on why are all gameplay moves locked? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2017, 08:15 PM   #9
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: why are all gameplay moves locked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Except you can change your free throw AND jump shots to any of the Free Throws 1-63 and over 100 Jump shots. If you didn't notice by now, the clothes are meant to be a form of a status symbol, similar to an MMORPG. In Final Fantasy XIV, you don't get shiny heavy armor as soon as you create your character, you work up to it and rank up so you can get it and show it off. I'm sorry that you can't find one of the dozens of shirts that are available to you without having to rank up. I've been rocking the team shirt that the game gives you for picking a team and I'm not even a fan of the team. Same with Bicycles and mounts in an MMORPG. When you rank up, you get to move faster than normal walking speed, that's the way it's been in almost every MMO ever as long as mounts have been around.

Except that if I want to shoot a free throw like Lebron in real life, I can, regardless of how good I am. Things like that should not be tied to any specific rating. Dribble moves and layups/dunks I can understand being unlocked by reaching a specific rating in their respective categories, because it takes skill to perform them. But free throws and shot types can be performed by anyone regardless of how good they are.

And your MMO argument doesn’t make sense either. Do you know what else most RPG games do? Gradually increase your enemies’ levels as you level your own character. That way you can actually compete against them without needing to exploit flaws in the game. But if I’m on the Celtics as a SF in 2k18, my very first game puts me up against Lebron. Not exactly a fair matchup considering my starting level.

They also don’t make you choose between the shiny armor and leveling up; you can do both.

The point is that you tried to bring up that it’s not realistic to be a superstar from the start if you’re an undrafted player. My argument is that, again from the realistic standpoint, my skill level at basketball should not determine whether or not I know how to ride a bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »