Home

2K18: Let's talk Contact Fouls

This is a discussion on 2K18: Let's talk Contact Fouls within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2017, 10:43 AM   #17
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 2K18: Let's talk Contact Fouls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Bingo...the interaction between shot blocking and offensive players COMPLETELY changes if we can get And Ones on guys that leave their feet. But I mentioned next year because the R Stick still needs to be a bit more useful on D. It should be more intuitive and skill-based as well, no more R Stick any direction--point it at the offensive player for it to be effective.

0) The silly little force field that prevents contact when defenders mistime their blocks has to go away. Blocks should target the ball at its highest point or when its about to be released....you press block and the offensive player isn't shooting or pump faked you? FOUL. No more hand-holding.

1) Hands Up has to contain idle/static players. Draw foul will be a nightmare otherwise...guys will just drive into the paint and pump-fake or wait for guys to jump and try to exploit drawing fouls. 2K17 had a great animation that took away your dribble and made a shot low percentage--its perfect to balance this out.

2) AI defenders have to be even more competent and strip the ball when this tactic or pump fake spam is used. You'll notice that contain animation ran alot when people pump faked in the post....the way the post is more physical leads me to believe we shouldn't be concerned.

3) We have to be able to close distance by pushing the R Stick at the defender. People use block right now because it targets the shooter well. The right stick has to do this too to be a viable alternative. See Oladipo and Delly below:

that contain the pumpfake animation should happen consistently. it was one of the best defensive animations in. the game

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-28-2017, 01:21 PM   #18
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
that contain the pumpfake animation should happen consistently. it was one of the best defensive animations in. the game
That good sir, is a FACT. Needs to return ASAP, the balance it provided was necessary.

I want to be able to draw fouls, but its important that a foul be called in most instances a guy leaves his feet. No more force field to prevent contact fouls crap...the defender should attack the ball. The other instance we need to see is when a block completely takes a guy out of the play like below:

Old 09-28-2017, 07:02 PM   #19
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
That good sir, is a FACT. Needs to return ASAP, the balance it provided was necessary.

I want to be able to draw fouls, but its important that a foul be called in most instances a guy leaves his feet. No more force field to prevent contact fouls crap...the defender should attack the ball. The other instance we need to see is when a block completely takes a guy out of the play like below:

I believe it was taken out because of the online crybabies whoa re casual fans thru a fit about it. They had it right when NBA2k17 1st came out, but as with some many things, they end up listening to thos crybaby causal onliners, and it then ruins it for the true fan of the game, who actually wants their sports video game be a true simulation. I saw 1 of these this yr, and it wa sme fouling the CPU, Ive havent drawn 1 yet.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »