Home

2K Needs to Fix Bump Steals

This is a discussion on 2K Needs to Fix Bump Steals within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2017, 02:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2K Needs to Fix Bump Steals

All people do online is run straight into you on defense causing a bump that leads to the ball handler losing the ball. Steals are very unrealistic on this game, and users take advantage of it. I also have Video Proof of what I'm talking about. http://dai.ly/x62e3g7

''I'm Just laughin To the Bank All you do is ''Giggle''

Last edited by Sasquash; 09-28-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 02:47 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2K Needs to Fix Bump Steals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquash
All people do online is run straight into you on defense causing a bump that leads to the ball handler losing the ball. Steals are very unrealistic on this game, and users take advantage of it.
They've been unrealistic for the last three games. Especially when playing the cpu. The "live ball" feature is a complete joke when the cpu knows it can run into you and take the ball without attempting to try to reach for a steal, yet the cpu dribble through you and not lose the ball. And 2K will apparently never fix this.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-28-2017, 02:53 AM   #3
Rookie

ifeanyi18's Arena

I don't mind it, I actually like it tbh. Just have to be conscious of the defender and exposing the ball, need to just hold L2 to protect ball/pull back , but it helps stop cheesy lead passes where there's a defender either slightly in front of them or beside them that shouldn't be thrown since the momentum carries them into the defender /knocks the ball loose and there would be even more people turboing blindly into the lane with little consequence without it.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:22 AM   #4
Rookie

I wish I could say I have the same experience. I've lost the ball plenty of times while being in the protect the ball stance, too. Especially after a fast break when I'm cut off by one defender, and another cpu defender that's still in the backcourt comes from out of nowhere behind me, bumps me, and takes it. I can see why it's in the game but it's never been implemented properly and comes off as cpu cheese.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-28-2017, 04:54 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifeanyi18
I don't mind it, I actually like it tbh. Just have to be conscious of the defender and exposing the ball, need to just hold L2 to protect ball/pull back , but it helps stop cheesy lead passes where there's a defender either slightly in front of them or beside them that shouldn't be thrown since the momentum carries them into the defender /knocks the ball loose and there would be even more people turboing blindly into the lane with little consequence without it.

Even if you protect the ball bump steal still occurs,
people online abuse the doubleteam ,tripleteam, the instant you get a pass they will leave their men and run through you in full turbo
You don't even have the time to do anythin; protect or pass that's already a turnover
Do we play 2k or Fifa18 this behavior needs to go
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 08:02 AM   #6
Pro

From a Park perspective it doesn't happen enough IMO. People tend to dribble through you and run through you this year and it's mad annoying. There's little to no penalty in Park/Pro-Am for reckless ball handling.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:02 AM   #7
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I've noticed people rarely ever want to get rid of the ball. Instead of trying to move it as soon as the they see the double. They rather hold it. My cousin was a victim of this last night. Kept trying to score in the post with AD and Cousins. But wouldn't get rid of it when they came. Would think he could hold it smh.

I think bump steals are great where they at. If they decrease bump steals. They will need to boost it in other areas.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2017, 08:06 AM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Passing to a player when a defender is directly in front of then is being punished like never before this year and I would hate to see that change....

Players need to be conditioned to think twice about throwing into traffic....when I'm throwing to a big in congestion, I immediately go into ball protect and that stops a lot of the automatic losses...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »