Home

New timeout rules in effect for 2k18?

This is a discussion on New timeout rules in effect for 2k18? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2017, 01:28 AM   #1
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

OVR: 0
Talking New timeout rules in effect for 2k18?

On Wednesday Sept 27th rule changes for timeouts were approved for the upcoming season. Some changes wont have an impact on the way the timeout are handled in the game. The one change I am wondering about is the one that teams are only going to be able to call 2 timeouts after the 3 minute mark in the 4th quarter. Does anyone know if these rules are gonna change in game?

Link attached

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba...trade-deadline
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 07:59 AM   #2
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: New timeout rules in effect for 2k18?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soamazen23
On Wednesday Sept 27th rule changes for timeouts were approved for the upcoming season. Some changes wont have an impact on the way the timeout are handled in the game. The one change I am wondering about is the one that teams are only going to be able to call 2 timeouts after the 3 minute mark in the 4th quarter. Does anyone know if these rules are gonna change in game?

Link attached

I assume it won't be implemented into this years game, but I could be wrong.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:04 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soamazen23

Link attached

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but:

This is already in 2k. Once the 3 minute mark hits in the 4th quarter, you only have 2 timeouts remaining? I'm like, 87% sure this is already implemented into the game.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:07 AM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23

This is already in 2k. Once the 3 minute mark hits in the 4th quarter, you only have 2 timeouts remaining? I'm like, 87% sure this is already implemented into the game.
A question I have is this also, and it's not just this year. Been going on for years. I see time outs going down without timeouts going down. Normally I notice it on the CPU side. Meaning, during a game, I don't notice a CPU ever calling a time out, then I look down at the scoreboard and it says they use 3 sometimes 4 time outs. I don't get that? Why are they descreasing if they're not calling timeouts on the court?
Old 09-28-2017, 10:15 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23

Can confirm 100% that it is implemented in 2K18. Only 2 timeouts left once 4th quarter hits 3min mark.

One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 10:33 AM   #6
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
A question I have is this also, and it's not just this year. Been going on for years. I see time outs going down without timeouts going down. Normally I notice it on the CPU side. Meaning, during a game, I don't notice a CPU ever calling a time out, then I look down at the scoreboard and it says they use 3 sometimes 4 time outs. I don't get that? Why are they descreasing if they're not calling timeouts on the court?
When you get to the 4th quarter, you only get 4 timeouts, no matter how many have been used.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 09-28-2017, 10:48 AM   #7
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
When you get to the 4th quarter, you only get 4 timeouts, no matter how many have been used.

Wow dude. Mystery solved. I Just never knew that. NBA fan since the 90's. Wow. I feel dumb.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
Can confirm 100% that it is implemented in 2K18. Only 2 timeouts left once 4th quarter hits 3min mark.
it all makes sense now!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »