Home

No Such Thing as a Bad Team on This Game

This is a discussion on No Such Thing as a Bad Team on This Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2017, 06:49 PM   #9
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: No Such Thing as a Bad Team on This Game

Ive always thought there could be a better way in making the difficulties harder than they would they do it. But I suppose if there was, they likely would have figured a better way to code them by now, with as manay yrs as they have been making this game.

JMO, but bench warmers should all of a sudden become super stars when upping difficulty, and that happens in this game, as well as other sports games, although MLBTS does a descent job at this, but baseball is much different and likely easier to code than basketball or football even.

Ive always thought upping difficulty should effect the IQ level, players turning ball over more, missing defensive assignments more, and just making smarter decisions, than they would on higher levels of difficulty. Players having worse shot selection, etc.
Instead they upped the abilities makes players faster, stronger, better shooters than they should be along with being smarter IQ wise.

Again, maybe they havent figured a better way to code this, and why its the way it is, rather than them just not wanting to change it. I think its has improved quite a bit this yr. I dont feel quite as helpless or cheated when I have tried higher diffuculties as I did in past yrs, its more me just not being good enough to play at that level, more so than me feeling my AI players have been dumbed down, and the CPU players being boosted way above what they should be.
In yrs past, I would have to turned down speed of the CPU players, because of the speed boost the would get, and thats something that should never be raised or lowered no matter what difficulty you play on under the hood with game engine.
Now I havent played many games on the the high difficulty, but when I did, I didnt notice as big of speed difference anyway, but maybe if I played more than the couple games I did go up a level I may notice it more, but I do think its been improved in NBA2k18.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-30-2017, 07:17 PM   #10
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No Such Thing as a Bad Team on This Game

Especially in myleague. I’ve seen the brooklyn nets make it to the finals and win a game against the warriors (In the first year, with their current roster and no additions)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »