Home

Thank you 2K

This is a discussion on Thank you 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #9
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thank you 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
It's not the devs that most people have a problem with, it's upper management and their decisions that greatly affect or limit what the devs can or can't do in the name of maximising $$ at the expense of quality.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
There are plenty of other threads to moan about VC and what not. I think you've been in all of them. Can those of us who have positive feelings about the game convey that as well? Please?
Old 10-19-2017, 09:54 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane
Nothing but respect for MY President!

Wang is YOUR president? The guy who routinely screws up the game with his meddling and knee jerk reactionary adjustments? You must not have played bball IRL.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:01 PM   #11
Rookie

Chillyt200's Arena

I can't lie. I am one of those people that have been upset about certain things regarding the game that I still have issues with, however, up until those issues, I said it...This is a great game and I still fill that way. I am thankful for the 2k staff as I play NBA 2k and WWE 2k and every year it amazes that not only do they put out a great product but they also listen to some of concerns and ideas.

So thank you 2k. I know a lot us may make your job hard but you are very appreciated as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2017, 10:02 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
It's not the devs that most people have a problem with, it's upper management and their decisions that greatly affect or limit what the devs can or can't do in the name of maximising $$ at the expense of quality.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
As the post above mine illustrates (as well as any thread involving supposed unannounced changes to the gameplay), plenty of people on this board seem to have an issue with what the gameplay director does. So no, I believe there is more to it than just people disliking upper management decisions.

Edit: 2 posts up. One replied while I was typing.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:30 AM   #13
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
There are plenty of other threads to moan about VC and what not. I think you've been in all of them. Can those of us who have positive feelings about the game convey that as well? Please?
Uhh, I'm clearly defending the developers? The point is it's mostly stuff external to gameplay that's caused all the problems, and that the devs have done some great work given the limited time frame they had to work with in terms of raw gameplay.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:43 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 3

If there's one problem with 2k, it's taking on too much. They have to try to keep the online people happy, keep the myplayer people happy, the offline franchise people, the classic people, etc.... They have to have shoes, haircuts, accurate accessories, plus the gameplay has to please everyone. Spread pretty thin to me. Definitely not lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-20-2017, 04:26 AM   #15
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaebonez34
I second what he just said. The people on here calling the developers lazy or saying they don't care is just funny to me, like the average gamer knows exactly what goes on to make a game like nba 2k18 with all the coding and different departments that go into making it. I have a homegirl that is a lead developer over at Red Storm/Ubisoft and she explained to me the some of the coding she had to do for games like ghost recon, she might as well been speaking Chinese cause I didn't understand a single thing lol. For instance like in the art thread people are complaining cause 2k hadn't updated kyrie and gave him his shaved face, like bruh its freaking hair!! It grows back, just look how fast his joint grew back when they played the Cavs the other night. I don't expect 2k to update a players hair just cause he decided to cut it or grow it out in real life. So if Lebron decided to cut his beard today and go baby face people would flood that thread and be like "come on 2k, get on your job and update lebron he doesn't have his beard anymore", only for him to grow it back like a month or two later. People just need to chill and enjoy the game PERIOD!!
Nobody calls the developers lazy or anything like that. But coding being complicated (for some people) is no excuse to ship a software product with bugs like 2k has. They are professionals and get paid for it. Im a software developer myself just fyi. The game has way more serious problems than haircuts and beards not being updated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2017, 07:32 AM   #16
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane
Nothing but respect for MY President!

Oh... You’re one of those people...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »