Home

does ai ace adapt to your offense?

This is a discussion on does ai ace adapt to your offense? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2017, 11:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
does ai ace adapt to your offense?

say that im killing the cpu with a bullyish post game, or constantly getting to the rim and drawing fouls, etc - does cpu ace adapt, and start sagging off my guys? or if im shooting lights out, do they start smothering? also, is a full adjustment on my whole team, or only those specific players doing work?

ive been playing games in an attempt to observe, but the way the ai plays me seems to be pretty random from possession to possession throughout the game. I think ive noticed the ai playing me more physical in the fourth, but I can't be sure.

what's your thoughts? is this even what ace's job is, or does it only affect the cpu's offense?

Last edited by jlaz; 10-23-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2017, 05:05 AM   #2
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

Re: does ai ace adapt to your offense?

I guess you're expecting too much from this game.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:50 AM   #3
Rookie

killaxxbearsxxx's Arena

Yesterday I was abusing marcus smart with giannis (I don't know why they thought that was a good idea) and after a few buckets I saw the cpu start to bring help super early in the drive. After I got a couple of assists off of that they called a timeout and put Jaylen Brown in the game. This was on superstar. I'd imagine the adjustment would've came quicker on hall of fame. I've been pleased with the ai's adjustments overall so far, but I've just recently came over to myleague play off of the mycareer wagon, so take that with a grain of salt.

Kingzxkobra if you want to catch me on PSN
Old 10-24-2017, 09:20 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaz
say that im killing the cpu with a bullyish post game, or constantly getting to the rim and drawing fouls, etc - does cpu ace adapt, and start sagging off my guys? or if im shooting lights out, do they start smothering? also, is a full adjustment on my whole team, or only those specific players doing work?

ive been playing games in an attempt to observe, but the way the ai plays me seems to be pretty random from possession to possession throughout the game. I think ive noticed the ai playing me more physical in the fourth, but I can't be sure.

what's your thoughts? is this even what ace's job is, or does it only affect the cpu's offense?
I posted a video of me a week or so back about CPU ACE Defense and the new Play Set and Action Recognition, this feature was to alleviate this type of stuff. And, I must say it CPU ACE does adjust based on the play I used. Most people only watch the ball when they play, sometimes you have to go into replay and see the subtle and sometimes drastic tactics.

Here's the video of "Play Sets and Action Recognition" using the blog description as my guideline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »