Home

NBA 2K18 Patch #5 Available Now For PS4, Xbox One - Soon For PC, Switch - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Patch #5 Available Now For PS4, Xbox One - Soon For PC, Switch - Patch Notes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2017, 11:12 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Patch #5 Available Now on PS4, Soon For Xbox One, PC & Switch - Patch No

https://twitter.com/Beluba/status/925870841757175808

Mike Wang also said they "fixed" zig-zag cheese.

What the hell is this? Players are already exhausted after running to set a pick and being bumped around (I hate the fact that bumping causes fatigue, just make dribble move cost fatigue and that should be it). 2K wants us to play netball or something?

Hope this doesn't affect offline play. I just finished with my sliders and am finally starting a Player Lock MyLeague.

Stop tweaking gameplay just to cater to online players who will always find a way to "cheese" anyway. 2K is caught between making a "realistic" game in terms of reflecting reality, or making a "realistically balanced" game in terms of forcing online players to play a certain way.

I think 2K should just accept that "realistically balanced" is not possible with all the people trying to find cheese, so why not stick with making a realistic game?

Last edited by fakeassc; 11-01-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:17 PM   #50
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K18 Patch #5 Available Now on PS4, Soon For Xbox One, PC & Switch - Patch No

Does it fix being able to skip Cutscenes, Half-time, 3rd Q Photos, TOs right away? I hit the A button 500 times a game trying to skip those stupid things.

What about the shooting where I missed 3 strait wide open shots with JJ Redick where I had a good release? If someone like JJ is open/wide open and he has a good release the ball should go in. Also, I still can't make a layup/put-back shot even with guys like Porzingis half the time that would be pathetic if missed in real life.

Those 2 issues make me not want to play very much.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:21 PM   #51
Rookie

Yo, a post on Reddit saying Player Portraits are still messed up. You can't see the updated Player Portraits unless you put them on their old teams lmao (the poster used JLin on the Hornets as an example).

Am I allowed to link it?
https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comme...raits_of_some/

Anyway, I'm thinking 2K should just consider removing all Player Portraits and just using the auto-generated models for everybody. At least it's "uniform" and the same across every player/team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2017, 11:22 PM   #52
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

I’m a little concerned with the fatigue for dribbling, zig-zag cheese doesn’t involve any “dribble moves”, just using the left stick to go back and forth. It will be interesting to see if playmakers take an inadvertent hit and sharpshooters are still free to zig zag.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:49 PM   #53
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
I’m a little concerned with the fatigue for dribbling, zig-zag cheese doesn’t involve any “dribble moves”, just using the left stick to go back and forth. It will be interesting to see if playmakers take an inadvertent hit and sharpshooters are still free to zig zag.
This is what Mike said, so take it for what it's worth.

Quote:
Mike Wang‏
@Beluba
Following Following @Beluba
More
Replying to @ItsKMillaMan
I didn't change how movement works. But if you dribble back and forth (or just over-dribble in general) it will be tougher to shoot after

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:23 AM   #54
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

After 3 PNO matches- game feels largely the same...which isn't a bad thing IMO...the timing of the fouls near the rim was immediately noticeable....and appreciated! Feels a lot better protecting the rim....

Just need thst rebounding fix and we are golden....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-02-2017, 12:40 AM   #55
All Star

Have not played 2k in a long time just have not had time for like any video games for like 2 weeks or so. So with that said I have not played with this patch yet but I am just wondering what are people seeing when it comes to this? Adjusted shooting foul frequency, especially for well positioned and high rated blockers? Are you seeing like less fouls on block shoot attempts or more or what? More fouls over all or what?

Also Tuned the quality of draft classes at the default level to bring down some of the higher end prospects being generated. Ongoing work is taking place to improve this further and better balance the classes as a whole. How much better is that looking?

One disappointment is that time out logic is not in the notes. I guess we are going to have to continue to see CPU only calling like 2-3 time outs ever game. This was never a issue in the past so disappointed that this is not looking like it is going to be fixed this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2017, 12:42 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 4

So does the low rated shooter hitting at a high % not a bug?

I play offline only with custom sliders but hard finding a decent balance.

To close to default sliders and 60ish rated players shooting from corner 3/7 consistently vwith defense near by. Just wondering.

90% of patches don't affect me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »