Home

ACE Defense Stress Test: Severe inability to defend double screens = 90% fail rate

This is a discussion on ACE Defense Stress Test: Severe inability to defend double screens = 90% fail rate within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
ACE Defense Stress Test: Severe inability to defend double screens = 90% fail rate

2K18 ACE AI can't defend a double screen set where the second screen is done to pin off the original hedge defender. Watch the film below and you will see all the details I pointed out and where these breaks happen. Majority of the clips will demonstrate how the AI goes insane and just shuts down its ability to defend the ball/drive.

I could be wrong here but from what I have seen from this issue, it seems like 2K defense is based on defending the movements of the offensive players but not the ball. Otherwise there's no way 3 defenders guarding a double screen action would all FORGET about the handler attacking the basket. It looked to me they were more concern with guarding the movements of the offensive players and have no interest on basing their priorities on where the ball is. Does this only happen in these sets or is this happening all the time ? I am curious about this.... Let me know what you guys think.

*Excuse the thumbnail title LOL that's for casual fans haha I prefer to discuss the real issues on OS tho, and I do go into detail about this movement vs ball theory at the end of the tutorial if you want those details.

Sam Pham

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 11-03-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2017, 03:53 PM   #2
Rookie

33JAF's Arena

Re: ACE Defense Stress Test: Severe inability to defend double screens = 90% fail rat

LOL, Sam, you know this game better than the devs do. Have they ever contacted you?
Old 11-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: ACE Defense Stress Test: Severe inability to defend double screens = 90% fail rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33JAF
LOL, Sam, you know this game better than the devs do. Have they ever contacted you?
At this point he just wants them to take out every "money play" he post. They already started. I saw the Thunder run this the other day. But in game you can stop this. But like he said you have to be ready for it. I think that's true about most of the plays he post.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:11 PM   #4
Rookie

33JAF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
At this point he just wants them to take out every "money play" he post. They already started. I saw the Thunder run this the other day. But in game you can stop this. But like he said you have to be ready for it. I think that's true about most of the plays he post.
I don't think he wants them to take them out, I think he wants the AI to be able to defend better, or be able to adjust. This is important for people like me who only play offline vs CPU. I don't abuse plays, it wouldn't be any fun for me, but I still have some concerns about the CPU defense.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I don't think he wants them to take them out, I think he wants the AI to be able to defend better, or be able to adjust. This is important for people like me who only play offline vs CPU. I don't abuse plays, it wouldn't be any fun for me, but I still have some concerns about the CPU defense.

It was bad joke. Sorry lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2017, 02:42 PM   #6
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:

I actually enjoy offline play more than online since i hate 20 minute games and prefer everything 48 minutes. I want the AI defense to improve because currently it just has too many flaws and ruins the game experience for me Like the way the AI centre plays this screens are no acceptable lol
Old 11-04-2017, 03:52 PM   #7
MVP

So glad I'm not a quick twitch game player. I don't experience this level of frustration because I don't play at a hundred miles an hour engaged in turbo all the time.

I play at a good pace and I see a lot of nuance game play this way. I get to experience some great ACE/Play set and action Recognition/Flow Tech moments playing within the offense i.e. waiting for my guy to run the play or a variation of the play.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #8
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
So glad I'm not a quick twitch game player. I don't experience this level of frustration because I don't play at a hundred miles an hour engaged in turbo all the time.

I play at a good pace and I see a lot of nuance game play this way. I get to experience some great ACE/Play set and action Recognition/Flow Tech moments playing within the offense i.e. waiting for my guy to run the play or a variation of the play.
But the real NBA game is a game of pace now. This year is actually the fastest it has ever been, NBA basketball is all about quick twitch pretty much lol Playing slow on purpose just isn't authentic NBA basketball in the 2017 context. I read the other day Nash's 7 seconds Suns averaged 105 in pace blowing away the league back then. In the 2017 season those Nash Suns will rank 25th in pace this year LOL NBA basketball now is all twitch, all turbo, all speed. 2K defense can't handle, is like it can only defend late 90's and early 2000 NBA basketball. Like i just finished watching the first half on league pass of 76ers vs Pacers, if anything they played even faster than I do on 2K .....

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 11-04-2017 at 04:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »