Home

Is there any way to fix the Wade dupe or is my roster just broken?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to fix the Wade dupe or is my roster just broken? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2017, 04:34 AM   #1
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Is there any way to fix the Wade dupe or is my roster just broken?

I can't remove Wade from the Bulls. I can put him on the Cavs but then I have two Wades. If I change his name it changes on both teams. Also what is wrong with the shooting? I shoot mostly open threes and struggle to hit 30%. Likewise the FT% feedback is a lie. 65% is more like 50%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2017, 08:52 AM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Is there any way to fix the Wade dupe or is my roster just broken?

This weird question..... But what mode are you playing in. And how did you get a dup of Wade? Are you playing with certain rosters?
Old 11-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
I can't remove Wade from the Bulls. I can put him on the Cavs but then I have two Wades. If I change his name it changes on both teams. Also what is wrong with the shooting? I shoot mostly open threes and struggle to hit 30%. Likewise the FT% feedback is a lie. 65% is more like 50%.

Im confused, Wade shouldnt be on the Bulls anyway, he should already be in the Cavs.

The shooting issue, I dont know what to tell you on this, if your offline I would just bump up shooting sliders. I dont think its a game issue. I struggle to shoot some myself, not FT's, just in general, and I just raised shooting sliders up some, actually on AS level, I have ot raise both me and the AI up. MY problem is I just suck, so I know its me and not the game, or I think its me anyway, as I dont really here many people say they struggle shooting.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-09-2017, 03:39 PM   #4
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

I was updating the rosters myself. I was mostly using updating the Trail Blazers so much of the rest of the league was dated. After the patch I decided to update the recent roster moves. I was able to make the Melo trade then I noticed Wade was still a Bull but he was wearing a Cavs uniform. I assigned him to the Cavs and it gave me an option to trade Wade for Wade. Huh? I noticed that there were two Wades on the Bulls so I deleted one and tried again to assign the other to the Cavs. I was able to do this but he duped. One Wade is always on the Bulls no matter what. If I change his name on the Bulls his name changes on the Cavs. You can dload my roster on the Xbox One under Max1000000 and see.

Also the CPU shooting is juiced. I played the Lakers and Ball hit more threes than he usually takes. This was after editing him to make him less of a scorer.

Last edited by Kaanyr Vhok; 11-09-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:01 PM   #5
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

I have no idea how you got 2 Wade's, almost sounds like you either didn't use an official 2k roster to start working from, or whatever roster you used got corrupted. I suggest starting over...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2017, 06:36 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
I was updating the rosters myself. I was mostly using updating the Trail Blazers so much of the rest of the league was dated. After the patch I decided to update the recent roster moves. I was able to make the Melo trade then I noticed Wade was still a Bull but he was wearing a Cavs uniform. I assigned him to the Cavs and it gave me an option to trade Wade for Wade. Huh? I noticed that there were two Wades on the Bulls so I deleted one and tried again to assign the other to the Cavs. I was able to do this but he duped. One Wade is always on the Bulls no matter what. If I change his name on the Bulls his name changes on the Cavs. You can dload my roster on the Xbox One under Max1000000 and see.

Also the CPU shooting is juiced. I played the Lakers and Ball hit more threes than he usually takes. This was after editing him to make him less of a scorer.
Im on PS4, so I wouldnt be able to DL the roster. But I do remember a few years back, a issue with NBA2k and bug which would cause duplicate players now I think of it. Cant remember what cause it, I just remember taking a 2k roster file, and back dating it to Opening night, and I ended up with duplicates. So it looks like that bug is back this yr.

Need to report it to the devs, but they didnt fix it a few years ago, so I wouldnt count on it being fixed now either, but who knows maybe they will be able to patch it in and fix it.

I suppose ever dog has its day, so Lonzo Ball, having a game where he actually makes a a few 3's I suppose is possible, even IRL So unless its happening all the time, I wouldnt worry to much about that.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »