Home

2K's Screen-Heavy Offense from the AI

This is a discussion on 2K's Screen-Heavy Offense from the AI within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #1
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0
2K's Screen-Heavy Offense from the AI

Every team plays like this when you face the AI. Every team plays the exact same way and it's been like this for years. It's gotten beyond annoying at this point. It's even worse on this game than 2K17. At least on here illegal picks are called. You can barely move on defense even when you can sense the screens. They will block you. Also, the pace the AI plays is too damn fast. I just think playing the game at certain times of the day makes the AI play faster than normal. I noticed it.

I can hold the AI to 60-70 points by the 3rd quarter and then they start doing their thing and I give up 100+ points. When I give up only 90+ points it's a good day. I like playing defense but nothing you can do when the AI can just call a million screens and find an open shot with the way they shoot it will go in. Too damn efficient. Not realistic scoring at all. The worst teams still shoot 40%.

TLDR: This type of gameplay has run its course. I hope in 2K19 they can vary the plays of the AI. I don't see any creativity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2017, 10:03 AM   #2
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2K's Screen-Heavy Offense from the AI

Based off of watching how the Boston CPU runs the offense, it looks nothing like what they run in real life. Celtics run a ton of handoffs and back door cuts which opens the perimeter game, and it's mainly ran through Horford.

In 2K18, there's a ton of floppy action for three pointers or just straight iso for terrible midrange pull ups no matter what team I play. Plays (and tendencies) make a huge difference with how a team operates but if it wasn't for the team colors and players' likenesses, I wouldn't know who I was playing just based of plays ran.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-19-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

This is true...no matter who I play against they all seem to have that one play where it's a high screen from 3 point land and the cpu will pull up for a three. It's really annoying to cover and it's predictable. Usually happens when you hit the three first then the cpu will just call that play everytime lol

It's not fun btw

Offline NBA today games
Old 11-19-2017, 10:35 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

For offline players Vanns roster/playbooks is the solution.

Play the Spurs first, Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
For offline players Vanns roster/playbooks is the solution.

Play the Spurs first, Lol

What's the name should I look up on PS4?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
What's the name should I look up on PS4?
I'd love to know this as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I'd check out the roster thread but here's one:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=918388

Old 11-19-2017, 03:13 PM   #8
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

I thought yesterday was bad. Today is insane. Getting my *** handed to me by the Nets. I'm the All-Time Nets. They are playing ultra fast. Defense stickier than glue. Push the pace the whole time. Everything is going in. Getting every rebound. Bumper car fastbreaks. Catching up to you on the fastbreak. AI already there when you get a breakway dunk or layup.

I noticed this with 2K17 too. The same stuff. It happened after multiple patches. Both games great out of the box but now it's just the way the gameplay is or I am tripping.

I shouldn't be getting blown out by the Nets. I play on All-Star. I can't imagine how bad it is on the higher difficulties. I lost my voice yesterday, so I can't yell much now. The funny thing is the AI pretends to play slow at tip-off and then it goes Super Saiyan mode the whole game. I am going to come back and blow them out at some point but the gameplay is just ridiculous.

Something has changed. Same feelings I had about 2K17. I had fun playing at the beginning but now it's getting to the point where it's not and I hate that. This is not normal gameplay.

Seriously. Spencer Dinwiddle is driving like he's Westbrook. Sean Kilpatrick is a lockdown defender with a D in perimeter defense. DeMarre Carroll is attacking like he's LeBron. Something has changed.

Last edited by Hellquist; 11-19-2017 at 03:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »