Home

More deceit from the 2K Trash people

This is a discussion on More deceit from the 2K Trash people within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 12:04 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: More deceit from the 2K Trash people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
Well,

A forum is defined as "a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."

My personal opinion is that civility is a key component to the successful exchange of these ideas or views. Blatantly inflammatory and derogatory insults do not foster civil discussion.

If he wanted to "vent" in this manner, he should probably do it somewhere else.
I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying everything all of those things did happen, aside from the civility on the OP's part. Nothing was said that prevented civil talk from happening. He was banned a bit prematurely and it just didn't lol. I've heard worse so I was fine with it, so long as it wasn't racist or threatening. Whether or not this was place to "vent" can be friendly difference of opinion.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-26-2017, 12:17 AM   #18
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

The thread is still open.

Let's discuss the topic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 11-26-2017 at 12:25 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:58 AM   #19
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4

Played a ton of 2K the past two days and bar is still about 51% towards 92 OVL. LOL
Old 11-26-2017, 01:09 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolink
Played a ton of 2K the past two days and bar is still about 51% towards 92 OVL. LOL
I think the "grind" this year is just an abysmal joke at the end of the day.

I see the "extra" progress, because I'm playing games that are a fraction in length of what I normally do and making substantial progress, but I'm starting to remember why I put this game down in the first place before the double XP weekend.

In previous years there was an incentive to play online and you had control over your player's mechanics that are simply not evident this year. I can't control how my guy dunks, I can't control how he dribbles, and it makes the multiplayer experience so much more frustrating than it has to be. This has never been a problem for me in 2K in 3 years of heavy usage, and I walked away from Madden because of this type of gameplay.

At this point I'm ready to go back to Madden. I would rather put up with a sub par football game than a basketball game that has regressed in such an unfortunate manner.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:17 AM   #21
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Well,

A forum is defined as "a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."

My personal opinion is that civility is a key component to the successful exchange of these ideas or views. Blatantly inflammatory and derogatory insults do not foster civil discussion.

If he wanted to "vent" in this manner, he should probably do it somewhere else.
Well you’re kind of contradicting yourself with that statement. ”a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged” makes it pretty obvious that all views on the issue are exchanged. Not just the positive views

That being said, he certainly could’ve expressed himself more civilly, but I think banning them because of how they expressed their frustration is over the top, a warning would’ve been just fine.

Now getting back to the topic of the thread, this kind of stuff happens every year in 2k. I remember last year I made a post about how Yeezy’s were missing from the game and the only answers I really got were people saying “Who cares about Yeezys anyways” as if that somehow justifies the fact that they were said to be in the game but never were.

I can certainly see where someone’s frustration could build up over time with stuff like this constantly happening without being addressed. We still haven’t gotten an answer as to why Yeezy’s weren’t in the game last year

Last edited by VAWereWolf65; 11-26-2017 at 02:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 11:19 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Well you’re kind of contradicting yourself with that statement. ”a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged” makes it pretty obvious that all views on the issue are exchanged. Not just the positive views

That being said, he certainly could’ve expressed himself more civilly, but I think banning them because of how they expressed their frustration is over the top, a warning would’ve been just fine.
Well considering it's not a "statement", but a definition, I respectfully disagree.

As I said before, blatantly disrespectful insults are usually not a catalyst to discussion.

When I want to read drama, I like going to Reddit or 4Chan.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:03 PM   #23
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

He was banned because he was completely over the top and crossed the line by calling people “trash” and “scumbags”. It’s not really that hard to see why..

Back to the topic at hand, I can also confirm 2x rep is working just fine for me.

Just started playing my career two days ago for the first time ever, so the VC sale and the 2x rep are a nice surprise for a newbie to this mode

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-26-2017, 12:41 PM   #24
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Well considering it's not a "statement", but a definition, I respectfully disagree.

As I said before, blatantly disrespectful insults are usually not a catalyst to discussion.

When I want to read drama, I like going to Reddit or 4Chan.
I was referring to his statement saying he thinks venting about something like this shouldn’t be in this forum. That kind of contradicts the definition he provided saying that it’s supposed to be a “place or medium to exchange views”.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »