Home

MyCareer games are rigged

This is a discussion on MyCareer games are rigged within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2017, 12:19 PM   #1
Rookie

Snoogans194's Arena

OVR: 0
MyCareer games are rigged

So when playing NBA games in my career. if you call a timeout around 4 minutes left they will announce the Jordan player of the game. Its fine when one team is up like 10 plus points, but Ive noticed they do it when its still tied or within a couple points, and whichever team the player of the game is on all of a sudden gets all the breaks and ends up winning the game. Doesnt seem to matter at all how you play or what you do, the game is gonna cheese you and have guys you pass to drop the ball out of bounds. The game is pre determined with 4 minutes left who is going to win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 12:51 PM   #2
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MyCareer games are rigged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogans194
So when playing NBA games in my career. if you call a timeout around 4 minutes left they will announce the Jordan player of the game. Its fine when one team is up like 10 plus points, but Ive noticed they do it when its still tied or within a couple points, and whichever team the player of the game is on all of a sudden gets all the breaks and ends up winning the game. Doesnt seem to matter at all how you play or what you do, the game is gonna cheese you and have guys you pass to drop the ball out of bounds. The game is pre determined with 4 minutes left who is going to win.
Exhibition games against cpu and my gm feel rigged too. This game has a superman algorithm. It's very annoying

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2017, 03:28 PM   #3
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogans194
I managed to win a game when the Potg was announced for the opponent. But I feel ya, 99% of the time the potg is from the winning team.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #4
Banned

It's not rigged at all. The CPU is just an OP mess at times, making shots and ignoring user defence at will, but then will also make superhuman, eyes in the back of the head plays on defence too, which increases user frustration to the point where dudes begin to think this is pointless and stop playing the game properly.

I play on HoF career mode, and there are times when the games feel out of control, but just keep chipping away and the game will let you back in again. I've just finished a game with my pure playmaker against OKC in the playoffs. we were down 4 when I got subbed out at the end of the 1st qtr, I'm back in the game with 6 mins left in the 2nd and we're now down 14, so I chip the lead down to even and then get subbed out again. When I came back in 2 mins before before the end of the 3rd qtr, we're down 15. I trim it down to 12 before the 4th qtr, and then we came back and won by 8.

In order to win, the CPU had to miss a fair few shots, and my guys hit some contested/bad shots.

I ended up with 24/13/27, but KAT and Leuer (he's a lethal shooter) really turned the game in our favour.

Sometimes like real basketball, you just have to hang in there; use your time outs, and don't get too worked up, regardless of the insanity you're watching on the screen.

It's harder this year, but it's nowhere near as insane as 14/15 could be.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:35 PM   #5
Rookie

I really don't like the blatant adjustments they've made to impede progress of the individual MyPlayer.

MyPlayer is broke anyway with the dunk issues. Shooting success is rooted in percentages and not user input. Dribbling is horrible this year. For 3 years I've put additional money into this game to create multiple players and played it through the entire cycle. This year I'm not motivated to do any of that.

Maybe I will when/if they give you the ability to skip some of those awful, cringe worthy cut scenes. But that's if I don't just drop the game entirely, and I play sporadically at best these days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 09:18 PM   #6
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Can agree more so freaking frustrating when you see clear passes be and drop and opponent AI players run from the three-point line to the paint like the flash!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-03-2017, 09:38 PM   #7
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

The real problem is having to play like a demigod no matter what team you're on, what overall you are, how much PT you get, etc. just to win ANY game. And even then it might not be enough.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:33 PM   #8
Rookie

Schiltzenberger's Arena

I've come back and won games when the opposition got the POTG.

However, IMO the game will try to screw you over if you start choosing the arrogant answers in interviews..... you get those games where the opposition doesn't seem to miss, get all the loose balls and foul calls etc..... and don't get me started on the substitution cheese, those 25-2 type runs in the 2mins you were on the bench.

I do like the challenge of a close game, but just wish it was less obvious than ... oh! 2k gave me a 'you gotta lose this game' type game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »