Home

Ball security please

This is a discussion on Ball security please within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2017, 09:05 PM   #1
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

OVR: 0
Ball security please

Every contact knocks the ball loose wth is going on
You just have to rub against the player and the ball getts knocked loose its ridiculous ...online games vs friends tested this over and over but the turnover ratio on knocked balls not even steals. Just try to walk against the ball handler and see how easy the ball is turnedover its the worst thing ever .

Even on hall of fame ...20 turnovers per team easy per game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Ball security please

yea it is very easy to knock the ball loose due to colissions ....but am sure its because of the big transitions in motion for nba 2k to distance the Canimations that ties defender and ball handler together than takes away control from users until animations plays out to break away points.....

am sure as we go forward it will be improve because we are in the infacncy satges of giving users more control and responsiveness without losing the smooth transitions of animations 2k is known for...

fortunately for offline users there is a ball security slider that can be adjusted to remedy the ease of collision knocking the ball loose

Last edited by kolanji; 12-14-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #3
MVP

ph33's Arena

It goes both ways. The ball can be too loose but I've also seen people over-dribble or do the wrong move, and have the ball clip right through people when the ball handler was being completely reckless.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:00 PM   #4
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
yea it is very easy to knock the ball loose due to colissions ....but am sure its because of the big transitions in motion for nba 2k to distance the Canimations that ties defender and ball handler together than takes away control from users until animations plays out to break away points.....

am sure as we go forward it will be improve because we are in the infacncy satges of giving users more control and responsiveness without losing the smooth transitions of animations 2k is known for...

fortunately for offline users there is a ball security slider that can be adjusted to remedy the ease of collision knocking the ball loose
Why I respect you so much? It's like people throw out the history of 2k or never played the older ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
It goes both ways. The ball can be too loose but I've also seen people over-dribble or do the wrong move, and have the ball clip right through people when the ball handler was being completely reckless.
Agree... I think you need it this way. All you need to do is keep the ball away from the defender. I'm really happy they got rid of defenders just standing and spamming the steal button. It makes the game look and flow better. But I think the clip is kind of needed so there isn't a massive amount of turnovers.

Ball Security is simple. Keep the ball away from the defender. Don't dribble into crowds of players.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:54 AM   #5
Rookie

i thin that they should put 50-50 ball security in every level of difficulty; i played ss my career, and my teammates always lose the ball because the cpu bump in them and when you put in front of the defender cpu the ball just pass through your body like a ghost and you think whats the meaning of defend if the ball gonna cross my body at last, and thats because in ss user has 40 ball security and the cpu 50; hof user 30 and cpu 50.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2017, 05:20 PM   #6
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Ball security in MC is absolutely horrible, the cpu doesn’t lose the ball regardless of what they do and you and your teammates can’t hang on to it to save their lives.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:55 PM   #7
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji

Yah, we are playing a beta test of the engine they really want to release, but since its a yearly release its still full price every year.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:20 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Yeap that inconsistency between too loose or clip thru although you're in traffic is really annoying. I want consistency, i do this and i get rewarded/punished it should be on me and my own mistakes or things that i do true.

And i believe this inconsistency is based on awful server connections of 2k or maybe PS4 or somenthing related to online connection. Ever since the PS4 era has started and games are being all over server relations we started to see a lot of inconsistency in between different days and times over the year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »