Home

I'm out here breaking records.

This is a discussion on I'm out here breaking records. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2017, 01:30 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
I'm out here breaking records.

In my 2nd season with a 6'6 pure playmaker only playing on HoF. Look at the T/O's. I'm not really complaining because the game is what it is and the passing and receiver catching issues have been done to death, so if 2k aren't changing it by now, they never will. Some really messy animations in this game that I hope they clean up for 19.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: I'm out here breaking records.

Man I swear the Wolves is the best team to break records with and start your point guard my career mode with. Highest assist number I ever got in any 2K was 36 (with the Timberwolves). This was before the Butler trade. Starting lineup was me at point, Lavine, Wiggins, Towns, and DeAndre Jordan. Jordan got traded for Chris Bosh the next season (why, I have no idea). Averaged 30pts and 20+ assists a game both seasons on superstar. I know you're enjoying this lol.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Lmao 17 turnovers my God.

I played 1 single my career game on 12 minute quarters with my pure 6'10 point forward and had 10 points (for the triple double of course) 29 rebounds 76 assists 0 TO's

The passing is absolutely perfect in this game IMO, it does not need to be changed whatsoever.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:24 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakaido
Man I swear the Wolves is the best team to break records with and start your point guard my career mode with. Highest assist number I ever got in any 2K was 36 (with the Timberwolves). This was before the Butler trade. Starting lineup was me at point, Lavine, Wiggins, Towns, and DeAndre Jordan. Jordan got traded for Chris Bosh the next season (why, I have no idea). Averaged 30pts and 20+ assists a game both seasons on superstar. I know you're enjoying this lol.

It is a fun career although my squad is eye-watering:

PG - Me
SG - Butler
SF - PG13
PF - KD
C - KAT

Then Kat got injured for 8 weeks so I requested we sign Whiteside. I've never had any luck getting the trade feature to work so I was amazed it went through. Only problem is that he was traded for Teague and he was getting useful minutes. Although I still have Wiggins and Shammy so I can't really complain about squad depth!!

I actually made the thread to highlight my turnovers though, rather than my other numbers. 2k has always had a habit of creating user turnovers, but this year is on steroids in my opinion
Old 12-21-2017, 03:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
It is a fun career although my squad is eye-watering:

PG - Me
SG - Butler
SF - PG13
PF - KD
C - KAT

Then Kat got injured for 8 weeks so I requested we sign Whiteside. I've never had any luck getting the trade feature to work so I was amazed it went through. Only problem is that he was traded for Teague and he was getting useful minutes. Although I still have Wiggins and Shammy so I can't really complain about squad depth!!

I actually made the thread to highlight my turnovers though, rather than my other numbers. 2k has always had a habit of creating user turnovers, but this year is on steroids in my opinion
Jesus Christ this lineup... And you still have Wiggins? You should be able to go undefeated with this roster. I did with my team with DeAndre Jordan. I feel like you ****ed up with getting rid of KAT. Whiteside is a decent replacement but he's not Towns. I would've waited out those 8 weeks.

But you feel like turnovers are worse than 2k16?

Edit: Or did I misunderstand what you said and you still have Towns but got rid of Teague for Whiteside?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakaido
Jesus Christ this lineup... And you still have Wiggins? You should be able to go undefeated with this roster. I did with my team with DeAndre Jordan. I feel like you ****ed up with getting rid of KAT. Whiteside is a decent replacement but he's not Towns. I would've waited out those 8 weeks.

But you feel like turnovers are worse than 2k16?

I still have KAT, he's just injured! KAT has been the best HoF teammate I've ever had in any 2k game, so no way would I trade him.

I can't believe I've lost 2 games tbh. The first game of the season against NOLA was just crazy, they shot around 60% from 3 and my team was in the mid 20% bracket, and my other loss vs the warriors was another crazy game, I was getting called for blocking fouls every time I tried to stay in front of anyone; I ended up fouling out having played only 27 minutes, and by the time I was ejected, Steph had shot 16/18 from 3 and they were shooting 67% from 3.

I actually don't mind the losses with this guy, as it's the only career I will ever lose games on, because I'm not the primary scorer. The challenge of this career is getting teammates on HoF to play well and put up numbers. Normally, if they're not hitting, I'd just take over (with my slasher for example), but I'm limited scoring wise with this player and I always prefer to be an efficient scorer rather than a volume shooter.

And yeah, turnovers are off the charts in my opinion (others may feel differently) this year. I've previously averaged around 4-5 t/o's per game pn previous 2k's, which allowing for a couple of dodgy 2k created turnovers and it being a game, I was happy to live with. My first season with this player I averaged 7.7, but I'm currently averaging just over 10 per game. Most of them are just crazy - things like ooping the ball way too high for any human to ever catch (pure playmaker nearly HoF LCF badge), or being unable to pass out of a double team without bringing the ball up through the opponents head which makes t come loose, and is just a terrible animation brought into the game in 2k16.

Last edited by Yesh2kdone; 12-21-2017 at 03:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »