Home

Things commentators say that don't make sense....

This is a discussion on Things commentators say that don't make sense.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2017, 01:50 AM   #17
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14
Re: Things commentators say that don't make sense....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmeaks
I don't think height has anything to do with OVR tbh. OVR is an accumulation of all of a player's stats in terms of defense, offense, etc. Highly doubt physical stature changes anything.
Height is absolutely a factor in overall rating. See for yourself, go in and edit a player's height and watch what happens.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 12-25-2017, 06:50 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
I don't think height has anything to do with OVR tbh. OVR is an accumulation of all of a player's stats in terms of defense, offense, etc. Highly doubt physical stature changes anything.
It actually does, or at least it did last year. I remember changing KD's height and his OVR going up at the same time.
Old 12-26-2017, 05:32 PM   #19
Almighty 2k Paper Champ

richmo's Arena

OVR: 15

Easy solution to the overall thing...if his points go up, lower his Intangibles rating and it should balance it out.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:01 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
It definitely does bro.. You ever created a myPlayer? Effects speed too. It depends on which position my G. At KDs position, OVR def is a effected stat ... But 2k has several glaring issues that would take 10 mins tops to fix. Smh, but I just play ball dawg. Simple
Old 12-26-2017, 06:34 PM   #21
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansdavid
So I went against the Thunder & the commentators talked about Andre Roberson stats.

In MyLeague, Roberson has around 4 ppg and 4 rpg. The next thing uttered by the commentators simply does not make any sense; they say Roberson is valuable to any team because he is a consistent "shooter".

I mean, WTF? Everyone knows how bad of a shooter he is and he is valuable because of his defense.

There are many things said by the commentators in game that really dont make sense but the Roberson one is like the funniest to me.

Anyway, I wish in the future we can choose the commentator team before the game starts. I like C-Webb but I cannot stand Doris.

Ive noticed this as well with commentators, some of it I can overlook, because the presentation is good, but at times, the comments they make are dumb.
IRL I dont mind C-Webb, but on this game, I find him annoying. IRL Doris Burke is a very smart lady that knows the game, but I do find her voice annoying, and on the game, its even worse. I honestly think her annoying virtual self has made me find her appalling IRL. Up until she became part of 2k I thought you know she isnt much to look at, but she is a smart lady, so I could overlook her being not attractive, but now, her voice make me want to throw stuff at the TV,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2017, 01:34 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Ive noticed this as well with commentators, some of it I can overlook, because the presentation is good, but at times, the comments they make are dumb.
IRL I dont mind C-Webb, but on this game, I find him annoying. IRL Doris Burke is a very smart lady that knows the game, but I do find her voice annoying, and on the game, its even worse. I honestly think her annoying virtual self has made me find her appalling IRL. Up until she became part of 2k I thought you know she isnt much to look at, but she is a smart lady, so I could overlook her being not attractive, but now, her voice make me want to throw stuff at the TV,lol.
I know right....It is Doris' voice that bugs me a lot especially during close intense games. She also has this endless cringey expressions whenever someone makes a dunk.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:13 PM   #23
Rookie

yungmeaks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyohno
It definitely does bro.. You ever created a myPlayer? Effects speed too. It depends on which position my G. At KDs position, OVR def is a effected stat ... But 2k has several glaring issues that would take 10 mins tops to fix. Smh, but I just play ball dawg. Simple
Damn, I stand corrected. Well that's pretty dumb then
Old 12-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #24
Pro

This thread is so off course now lol I came in here to read some ridiculous commentary things. Who cares how tall a guy is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »