Home

2K needs to work on realistic injuries....

This is a discussion on 2K needs to work on realistic injuries.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2K needs to work on realistic injuries....

Ever since 2K17, 100% of injuries come after a jump shot.

I can have a player drive into the lane, got fouled so hard and still came up healthy.

But a jump shot? Even when your feet land perfectly, you will still get injured in 2K.

2K needs to fix this. I know jump shots can cause injuries in real life but stop making it as the only factor that can injure players. Hard fouls and reckless drive should also be taken into account.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2017, 02:58 PM   #2
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2K needs to work on realistic injuries....

I have not seen an injury at all for myself in my current myleague. I blame all the people that whines about it after release.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-24-2017, 06:14 PM   #3
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah injuries still arent right. Ive played about 50 full games of ML and seen 1 injury. No simmed injuries either for my team.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:46 PM   #4
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I vividly remember Isiah Thomas taking a spill on a hard drive to the basket then getting up and grabbing his nose. About a quarter later I checked and he had a broken nose. That was 2K17 when he was on the Celtics. So far in 2K18 I have only seen injuries on jump shots so you may be on to something there. I saw a decent amount at release. Then none, now a few every now and then. Injuries definitely happen on non jumpsuits, though. I think they just need to tune it right. I honestly don't remember any jump shot injuries last year but I remember them for other things; this year seems to be the opposite.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:35 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I vividly remember Isiah Thomas taking a spill on a hard drive to the basket then getting up and grabbing his nose. About a quarter later I checked and he had a broken nose. That was 2K17 when he was on the Celtics. So far in 2K18 I have only seen injuries on jump shots so you may be on to something there. I saw a decent amount at release. Then none, now a few every now and then. Injuries definitely happen on non jumpsuits, though. I think they just need to tune it right. I honestly don't remember any jump shot injuries last year but I remember them for other things; this year seems to be the opposite.
I also think 2K needs to make flagrants more "rewarding". There is no sense of you being able to flagrantly foul without being "rewarded" of taking your opponent's best player out of the game. Flagrant fouls in 2K are very rarely ended up with someone being injured and taken out.

Last edited by hansdavid; 12-26-2017 at 04:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2017, 08:22 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansdavid
I also think 2K needs to make flagrants more "rewarding". There is no sense of you being able to flagrantly foul without being "rewarded" of taking your opponent's best player out of the game. Flagrant fouls in 2K are very rarely ended up with someone being injured and taken out.
Eh, no, not at all ... this is wrong on so many levels ... so, no.

Flagrants are rarely commited with the intention to injure a player and therefor be rewarded and even if it was like that, 2K would do wrong to do as such ... flagrants are penalized for a reason.

Now, to have the guys involved in one, be called a T for arguing after it, that would be passable ... of course, subject to their personalities, game importance and specific momentum.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 12-26-2017 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:05 AM   #7
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansdavid
More likely to be an NBA issue than a 2k one. Much like the NFL restricts what gets into Madden.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:29 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I have not seen an injury at all for myself in my current myleague. I blame all the people that whines about it after release.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Pretty awful. I'm hesitant to mess with sliders but has anyone changed durability or injury sliders to get more injuries? They have an advanced wear and tear and injury system that is useless if there are no injuries.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »