Home

Corrupted user files when reinstalling NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K15 on PS4

This is a discussion on Corrupted user files when reinstalling NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K15 on PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2018, 01:34 PM   #9
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Corrupted user files when reinstalling NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K15 on PS4

This happened to me with 2K15 and I was pissed as I couldn't access the MyLeague file. You can still download the patches for the game, but with the server down you can't get the other gameplay updates, and that is what is corrupting the files. There's no way to fix it, unfortunately.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-26-2018, 09:41 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
This happened to me with 2K15 and I was pissed as I couldn't access the MyLeague file. You can still download the patches for the game, but with the server down you can't get the other gameplay updates, and that is what is corrupting the files. There's no way to fix it, unfortunately.
Thanks, DJ. Appreciate your response--very helpful. How did you figure out that it's the lack of gameplay updates that corrups the files?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Twitter: @PopcornJones77
Old 01-26-2018, 10:06 AM   #11
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopcornJones77
Thanks, DJ. Appreciate your response--very helpful. How did you figure out that it's the lack of gameplay updates that corrups the files?

Google. LOL

I stumbled upon some videos of guys having re-installed 2K15 (this was back when the server was still on) and mentioned how they had to let the game go into Demo mode and for the Update Required message to pop back up on the screen (could take up to 10 min. in some cases), exit out of Demo mode have that update install and then they were able to access their files.

I've let 2K15 sit there and play in Demo mode for over 30 min. and nothing happens, and it never will, with those specific updates being tied to the server. It is definitely annoying that those updates impact your ability to go back and use MyLeague, rosters and settings. A downside of the always-connected route we've gone with games.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 01:05 PM   #12
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Google. LOL

I stumbled upon some videos of guys having re-installed 2K15 (this was back when the server was still on) and mentioned how they had to let the game go into Demo mode and for the Update Required message to pop back up on the screen (could take up to 10 min. in some cases), exit out of Demo mode have that update install and then they were able to access their files.

I've let 2K15 sit there and play in Demo mode for over 30 min. and nothing happens, and it never will, with those specific updates being tied to the server. It is definitely annoying that those updates impact your ability to go back and use MyLeague, rosters and settings. A downside of the always-connected route we've gone with games.
They shouldn't shut down everything like they do with 2k bball . Especially with people who are still playing these games wanting to enjoy past games . Heck Call of Duty 2 from 2007 is still fully online and multiplayer intact. That's why I still break out the old 2k games . For the most part I'm still able to access nearly all modes . I'm still pretty active with 2k11-2k16 on the Xbox 360/ps3

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #13
BPK
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is probably a stupid question, but is it possible to download roster updates on ps4 for 2k16? I know the servers have been turned off, but can one download the file on pc and add it to the ps4 with a memory stick?
Old 02-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPK
This is probably a stupid question, but is it possible to download roster updates on ps4 for 2k16? I know the servers have been turned off, but can one download the file on pc and add it to the ps4 with a memory stick?
No don't think it's possible

Twitter: @PopcornJones77
Old 02-17-2018, 02:38 PM   #15
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPK
If you had a friend that had the latest rosters before the servers shut down, maybe. I never tried to use a file save from a friend before

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2020, 04:01 AM   #16
Rookie

Wow this happened to me in 2k15 just now. I backed up the install files to an external hdd to save space and when I transferred it back it made me play the stupid spurs and heat demo and once I did it said all my files were corrupted.

Gosh I wish I knew about this before I backed up the files to an external hdd, had I known on ps4 they corrupt I wouldnt have moved it. What is worse 2ksports cant place these save files as zip format so we can transfer them via usb like the older ps3 days. So annoying I felt like playing this game and using the rosters and some bad players with bad accessories or haircuts is weird to play now

What is worse is what other games will be impacted like this cause we cant really get updated roster files for games like the earlier releases. Time to time I love going back to older games I still rock 2k7 to this day

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »