Home

Do people from 2ksports even come on here? (ALL Star Team Up)

This is a discussion on Do people from 2ksports even come on here? (ALL Star Team Up) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2018, 09:49 AM   #9
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Do people from 2ksports even come on here? (ALL Star Team Up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan
Well no because that wouldn't be fair to people with a different opinion then you. The purpose of a jersey selection is so all of the options are there for what works for everybody. There should be at least 4 options for home and away teams. For the Lakers players the home jersey options should be:
  • That same white Lakers jersey
  • The white minneapolis Lakers jersey
  • The 80s purple and gold home jersey as Magic and the showtime Lakers actually wore.
  • and The modern purple and gold one.
This is regardless of "opinion." This is simply to avoid confusion. If playing with or against Kobe and Shaq, there are 7 colored jerseys on the floor if the west is at home. That can be very confusing and the best way to do that is to put the Lakers players in white like the rest of their teammates

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 02-19-2018, 10:10 AM   #10
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
This is regardless of "opinion." This is simply to avoid confusion. If playing with or against Kobe and Shaq, there are 7 colored jerseys on the floor if the west is at home. That can be very confusing and the best way to do that is to put the Lakers players in white like the rest of their teammates

Well it sure as hell never confused me and I'm more than sure I'm not alone hence why the Lakers have had the gold and purple jersey in the first place over the years.

To those who are so confused by that the option would be there to pick that white jersey. It's as simple as that. Me on the other hand when I use Magic Johnson I want him in the proper look and I should have the option to do so just the same.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:03 AM   #11
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan
Well it sure as hell never confused me and I'm more than sure I'm not alone hence why the Lakers have had the gold and purple jersey in the first place over the years.

To those who are so confused by that the option would be there to pick that white jersey. It's as simple as that. Me on the other hand when I use Magic Johnson I want him in the proper look and I should have the option to do so just the same.
I do at least one double take a game honestly. And the problem with that is even if the person using the Laker player isn't affected by the colors, someone else on the team might get confused by it. I get wanting realism, but streamlining the gameplay is more necessary in this case, IMO.

European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 11:43 AM   #12
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

Quote:
I do at least one double take a game honestly. And the problem with that is even if the person using the Laker player isn't affected by the colors, someone else on the team might get confused by it. I get wanting realism, but streamlining the gameplay is more necessary in this case, IMO.

Then they'd have to just deal with it until they get used to it. If you refuse to try to get used to something then that's nobodies fault but your own that you're so confused.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #13
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Quote:

I'm the same way. I do a lot of driving and kicking to set up teammates, but that means having to make a lot of quick decisions. Having extra colored jerseys out there makes those decisions just a little bit harder because I have to take a split-second longer on each pass to make certain of whom I'm throwing the ball to. Not to mention the fact that it's confusing for both teams. Players on the road team might have a momentary lapse and forget the other team has someone in a colored jersey. I totally agree with you that it's just so much simpler to keep the everyone on the home team in white jerseys for the sake of streamlining the gameplay.

After all, we have players of all different teams from all different eras playing together on the same court. We've already thrown "realism" out the window before we've even passed the player selection screen. I don't think a yellow jersey is worth the potential confusion and aggravation it can cause other players. They changed this from years past, and it was a good decision on 2K's part, in my opinion.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:50 PM   #14
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

Either way I really hope 2k will add more players to All Star Team up either this year or in 2k19.

The way I'd do it is make it so we can select a team before entering the Lobby that way when you get to the player selection screen you'd be choosing who you'd want to play as from that team at the position you choose in that sessions Lobby.

Example - Let's say I choose the All Time Lakers then select the Center position in the Lobby. My choices would be: Shaq, Kareem, Mikan, Chamberlain and Gasol.

This making the choices different for everybody each time without having too many options to choose from before the time runs out.

Last edited by PippenFan; 02-19-2018 at 02:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »