Home

Whats the best system for 2 bigs who can't shoot?

This is a discussion on Whats the best system for 2 bigs who can't shoot? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2018, 11:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Whats the best system for 2 bigs who can't shoot?

Its showing perimeter centric at 3.5 stars as my best fit but my power forward isn't a stretch four but just an interior defender. Whats the best system to run for a team which runs 2 bigs who can't shoot?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2018, 11:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Whats the best system for 2 bigs who can't shoot?

Are you running your team around the two bigs?
Does any of the two bigs have a respectable post game?

If the answer is yes to both questions I’d probably run ‘grit and grind’ or ‘post centric’

Or you can just run ‘balanced’
Old 02-19-2018, 01:34 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlus91
Are you running your team around the two bigs?
Does any of the two bigs have a respectable post game?

If the answer is yes to both questions I’d probably run ‘grit and grind’ or ‘post centric’

Or you can just run ‘balanced’

The bigs aren't a part of the offense at all. I just have bigs who can rebound and play defense and leave the scoring up to my wings. Would balanced be the right system? Perimeter centric would be perfect if it didn't ask for four shooters instead of the three i use and 2 bigs who just play tough D and get rebounds.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:56 AM   #4
MVP

jk31's Arena

What are you searching for? System proficiency in my opinion has not a lot to do with system as this just gives artificial boosts to ratings. You rather should be looking for a freelance offense meaning how players space the floor and move around. Makes no sense to play 5 out with 2 bigs that cannot shoot. You can choose post centric "system proficiency" and still that wouldn't work. I would rather look for a good fit in freelance offense and then just choose whatever system proficiency makes most sense to you (I for example really like grit and grind, but that's completely up to you.)
Old 02-19-2018, 05:13 AM   #5
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

if they cant shoot then just run 3 out 2 in, you wouldn't want them at the perimeter since they're worthless there, get them atleast near the rim so they can rebound and get scoring opportunities
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 12:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
What are you searching for? System proficiency in my opinion has not a lot to do with system as this just gives artificial boosts to ratings. You rather should be looking for a freelance offense meaning how players space the floor and move around. Makes no sense to play 5 out with 2 bigs that cannot shoot. You can choose post centric "system proficiency" and still that wouldn't work. I would rather look for a good fit in freelance offense and then just choose whatever system proficiency makes most sense to you (I for example really like grit and grind, but that's completely up to you.)

I only play cpu vs cpu for myleague. So is there a way to make the cpu get my 2 bigs to stay in the post? I constantly find at least one big on the perimeter which is really bad because he is useless offensively there.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #7
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I would probably run a 3-Out-2-In, run a healthy amount of pick-and-roll, and hammer the offensive glass. If you have any good outside shooters, try to run some plays for them where they get off-ball screens.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #8
MVP

3 out 2 in for sure

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »