Home

Progression......hmmm

This is a discussion on Progression......hmmm within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Progression......hmmm

Okay guys so I am running a myleague and I made a draft with a young t-mac.

I drafted t-mac and he was a 70 overall... the first season with lines of:
13.8ppg, 4.4rpg,3.2apg, 1.1spg,1.2bpg, fg .37, 3pt .34, 30.2mpg

After the season he went from a 70 overall to 75...so +5.

Next season:
17.3ppg, 4.6rpg, 3.6apg, 1.8spg, 1.4bpg, fg .43, 3pg .34, 32.2mpg

He went from a 75 to a 73...-2...with the main drops being inside scoring, inside d, and physical ability (wtf)

So why does this make sense? He was on medium player training with specifically to his best ability(athletic).I just don't understand why he wouldn't progress with his prime starting at age 23 and nim being age 21 in this scenario.

Any thoughts? I'm about to sim another season to see what happens but I'm pretty unhappy with this crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2018, 11:19 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Progression......hmmm

Played 41mpg this season...Went up another 2 points....so I thought to myself this doesn't make any sense...I looked at his potential and it was only an 81...he was a 93 potential when he was drafted.

This doesn't even make any sense. I am pretty confused by the whole thing. I just don't get how this could have happened.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:16 PM   #3
MVP

You also need to increase his peak age start. 23 is too young. From my understanding the peak age is when the player stops making large increases in rating and peak age end is when they begin to decline

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2018, 01:22 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
You also need to increase his peak age start. 23 is too young. From my understanding the peak age is when the player stops making large increases in rating and peak age end is when they begin to decline

I thought that when Peak age start is lower that means that they can progress quicker to their potential?
Old 03-03-2018, 02:51 PM   #5
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Peak age start is the age in which they will peak their overall. So if its 23, he's gonna stop improving. Peak age end is when that peak will start to decline
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 03:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
Peak age start is the age in which they will peak their overall. So if its 23, he's gonna stop improving. Peak age end is when that peak will start to decline

I guess I just thought that they would reach their potential by that peak age start but I see now that isn't how it works...even though t-mac basically peaked at age 23 because of injuries.

Also, he was 21 in this scenario and he actually regressed 2 points rather than go up(he went +5 the season before from 70-75)

Last edited by Nowitzki44; 03-05-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:32 PM   #7
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki44
I thought that when Peak age start is lower that means that they can progress quicker to their potential?
No, that's when they hit the plateau.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:17 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood

The true PRIME age starting point for most players is around 27 years old. Because players come in the league so early now. You may be able to move that to 25.

It's basically when your muscles are at their peak and your entire body is at peak performance. it's also when you're grown enough to sacrifice more things to get better like No BS foods and instead you eat right. You also work out properly, stretch like you're supposed to, and listen to your trainers. you now have a regimen that is fine tuned So you get more bang for your buck their also.
Another thing you do as you get to that 27 age or so is that you have played in the league and played basketball long enough to know pretty much everyone's tendencies (your teammates, your opponents, the coaches all all sides and if you see a new player you can guess more accurately based on how they play what their tendencies will be. basically you've been there..done that.
Lastly. The closer you get to your 30's you stop caring what other people think. This makes you a better player because you're not longer as indecisive as you once were. you make quick decisions and are willing to live with the consequences of those decisions.

IF 2k did the formulas right. Then you should push that peak age up to around 25 or so. so it gives your guys enough time to reach their potential. now you also must realize if 2k made it realistic its going to be some what random but their is math to it as well. How many guys come in with crazy potential only to either fiz out early in their careers due to them not being ready to work that hard? or just happy to be in the nba, or not liking the pressure of being that good on that big of a stage? How many guys end up solid role players or borderline stars but not quite where they should've been. This is most of the nba to be honest. The rest is a very small percentage of players who truly reach and max out their potential. it doesnt mean you're going to be a start. it means you are as good as you are ever going to get. if thats in the formulas. then i could see a scenario where your guy shows 91 potentional in year 1 and by year 4, its 75. because ole boy just aint about that greatness life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »