Home

YouTube community it’s claiming nba 2k18 is dead

This is a discussion on YouTube community it’s claiming nba 2k18 is dead within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 03:36 PM   #73
Rookie

MDSavageBeast's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: YouTube community it’s claiming nba 2k18 is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The majority here, maybe....

I'm sure everyone here who isnt high on the game can give a testimonial....list all their issues (which many are legit) , talk about how them and their friends dont play any more etc. ...but that isn't representative of the entire community...

If the thread was, "Do you personally feel 2k is dead" it'd be a different story...but I understand why its a train folks want to jump on this train because it checkmates their distaste for the game. In reality...2k isn't going anywhere...we've seen this story before....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Yep. The only thing that's a possible change is if Live starts to gain some momentum and find a way to split the market like 2K did about a decade ago.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #74
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I never took the argument as 2k is completely dead , it’s done , see ya next year.

I saw it more like the streaming views are down , a lot of social media leaders have stopped playing it ( a lot of the guys 2k invited to play early ), and the park / pro am community is not as active compared to last years.

2k is one of the best selling ps4 games of course it’s going to remain active . It’s not turning into nba live type of dead lol .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-15-2018, 03:45 PM   #75
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

I'm not going back to search, but if you're 3 people are sitting under the basket in park, it shouldn't be a weakside block EVERY time. So my 99 contact layup and dunk rating means nothing because people with 60 block and steal ratings can just spam triangle or square to reach and block and pull me out of contact dunks? That's basketball?

3 people standing directly under the basket under 7 feet, Jordan dunks on all 3 of them, **** you mean?

Also, the whole defense ratings don't matter really has to go. I know tons of people who put defense in their build and they don't use those characters.

Centers under 7'3 should have clear advantages over taller defenders. Guys around 6'3-6'1 need to have ABSOLUTELY a first step on everyone. There needs to be more separation from each player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2018, 03:57 PM   #76
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I dont care about that. I

'm talking about the missed layups argument, which happens all the time in the nba, contrary to what was said by the guy i quoted and the guy he quoted.

He's WRONG, that's all there is to it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Well you brought up “Sim” which is why I asked
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-15-2018, 04:05 PM   #77
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Well you brought up “Sim” which is why I asked

I also brought up watching actual games lol.

Look man... the Sim community has been here much longer than these youtubers.

It's wild coming here and thinking most people here will join in on the wagon because we saw the beginning of the youtubers and we know them well, no blinders are on here.

Youtubers are not the authority on games. I saw Reddit users get a faster response from money hungry EA and Disney than a bunch of selfish online cheesers who many are upset because they didn't get picked by the NBA.

It's a failed campaign because if they aren't streaming, you better believe 2kSports has the REAL data showing who's playing and what, and how many of them.

Lastly, the guy talking about it doesn't happen in the NBA, he came here showing that he doesn't watch games making that statement and lost his credibility. Why? Because he'll lie to get his point across he wants someone to listen to him so badly... you cannot trust anyone like that.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:10 PM   #78
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Game is far from dead. The terrible pro am teams are gone for the most part now and the competition is better. Fine by me.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:02 PM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
I'm not going back to search, but if you're 3 people are sitting under the basket in park, it shouldn't be a weakside block EVERY time. So my 99 contact layup and dunk rating means nothing because people with 60 block and steal ratings can just spam triangle or square to reach and block and pull me out of contact dunks? That's basketball?

3 people standing directly under the basket under 7 feet, Jordan dunks on all 3 of them, **** you mean?

Also, the whole defense ratings don't matter really has to go. I know tons of people who put defense in their build and they don't use those characters.

Centers under 7'3 should have clear advantages over taller defenders. Guys around 6'3-6'1 need to have ABSOLUTELY a first step on everyone. There needs to be more separation from each player.
So you think slashers should be virtually unguardable on the drive!?! that would be good for the game LMAO I don't recall Jordan ever dunking over 3 defenders. Defensive stats do matter a great deal and centers under 7'3" do have significant advantages. It's just a matter of being good at the game and playing to your strengths
Old 03-15-2018, 05:06 PM   #80
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214

you said every guy thats under 6'4 should have a first step on everyone. but that aint realistic either. Lebron in his prime had a faster first step then probably steph curry. and bron is a lot taller and a lot larger. Durant at 7 feet has a mean first step and would destroy say dirk who is about the same height.

a guys first step is not predicated on his height or weight per se. its based on the TYPE of player he is. is this guy a super quick guy? or more of a super strong guy? every now and then you get a guy who's both like a lebron or Giannis.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »