Home

Shoe deals in 2k19

This is a discussion on Shoe deals in 2k19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2018, 05:54 PM   #1
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Shoe deals in 2k19

Shoe deals need to improve for MyCareer in NBA 2k19

I propose that they have contract lengths instead of the system we have now where if you sign a deal with a brand you're pretty much locked in with them for the duration of the deal unless you violate the terms and play with a different brand and they terminate your contract.

In 2k18 my SF has a deal with Nike. As I got farther in the game I realized that I didn't want to wear Nike anymore and wanted to sign with Adidas. There is no contract length to my deal so I'm locked in with Nike until they terminate my contract if I wear a different shoe and I don't want to do that since 2k18 has had a lot of problems I don't want to lose a shoe deal and end up with nothing.

In the real NBA players sign contracts with brands for a certain amount of years like James Harden and Adidas.

James Harden signed a $200 Million 13 year contract with adidas. After those 13 years are up he is a free agent again.

Or like Kawhi Leonard's current deal with Jordan which expires on October 1st.

Yes some guys have lifetime deals like Lebron and Nike or Stephen Curry and Under Armour but that is very rare and not everyone in the NBA has a lifetime deal.

I propose we introduce contract negotiation

Much like an NBA contract we tell the shoe brand how much money we want and how many years we want and they tell you how much they are willing to pay you and at what tier.

Also they don't have to give into your demands. You might have some issues coming to terms with them on money Kawhi Leonard currently gets paid $500k from his Jordan deal and that's brought up some issues between them especially now since his contract expires in October.

You may get a lot of money from a company but they won't give you a signature shoe. Or You might get less money from a company but they might give you free shoe deals and more VC from performance bonuses if you make the All star team or win the MVP award.

Also we should be able to sign with Anta, Li-Ning, and Reebok. They're in the game and we should be able to sign with them instead of being stuck with Under Armour, Nike, Jordan, and Adidas. That could also be a good side story for MyCareer trying to be the face of a struggling brand like Reebok and bring them to back to the top.

Or an even crazier idea. Start your own shoe brand.

Last edited by zello144; 07-10-2018 at 01:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Shoe deals in 2k19

Lets bring shoe deals to MyLeague as well. I want to see brands offer players contracts and have free agents so we can assign those players any shoe we want. Make a separate tab on a players' player card for "Shoe Contract" with dollar amount and years (the same thing as a regular contract basically) and any guy without a deal we can see on a "Shoe Deal Free Agents" roster under the Front Office tab in the main menu. Id love to see Endorsement deals make an appearance the same way regular playing contracts work, so that over the years we see players with shoes the same way we may see LeBron or KD with or Steph with UA. Just another level of immersion to be added.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:24 AM   #3
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
Or an even crazier idea. Start your own shoe brand.

-snip-

Adding to this since you are starting your own company. You'll be responsible for creating the shoe and marketing it as well as growing the brand itself. You'll design the commercials (obviously not very in depth just 3-4 already created commercials and you pick one). You can however have full control on how you design the billboards and posters.

You'll also hire a couple of people to help handle the business side of things maybe a MYGM type screen with a list of available candidates.

Rome wasn't built in a day so don't expect to earn a lot of VC just because you're your own boss or see your shoe brand to grow as big as Nike overnight. The success of the brand would depend on your players popularity and how well you market the brand. Starting off your own brand you'd earn less VC than if you had a shoe deal with a company like Nike, Jordan, Adidas, Under Armour, but as you grow you'll earn more I'd say maybe max would be like 5-6k VC per check maybe 7k if you're really good at it.

You'd also be able to sign other players to the brand but since that brings another issue of real world contracts and ruining the image of the brand or whatever. I'd say just limit that to CPU generated Rookies and whoever is the 2k Created story character teammate like Shammy Wells or Justice Young. You could attempt to convince established NBA stars in text messages to sign with your brand but they'd just laugh you off.

Last edited by zello144; 07-10-2018 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:49 PM   #4
MVP

zello144's Arena

6:23
Holy **** it happened!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »