Home

Posterizer is broken

This is a discussion on Posterizer is broken within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2018, 06:27 PM   #17
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Posterizer is broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Posterizer's been broken since it's inception. It shouldn't even be a badge to be quite honest.

I assume everyone with Posterizer should have a decent dunk rating. So throwing a badge that increases the dunk ratings on people with already high dunk ratings seems redundant.
FOH with that, seriously. I grew up watching MJ, VC, Kobe, tmac, I'm not into this whole "oooh I'm curry I can splash in your grill". I'd rather dunk on everyone and anything that can help me achieve my goal I'm with it. But without the OTHER elements of those players game I can't truly dominate like they did. And I think that's what is hurting this series. Any other nerfs to athleticism in this game will be criminal because it's WAY easier to shoot 3s in this game than finish at the rim with 99 everything inside.

THE RATINGS AND HOF BADGES ALREADY ARE USELESS IF THEY'RE JUST SITTING IN THE PAINT SPAMMING TRIANGLE.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:16 PM   #18
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetz
I believe nothing is wrong with the game, the animations, or the posterize badge. If you’re facing a player who has gold or hall of fame posterize with a high dunk level then average defense isn’t going to cut it. I suggest attempting to jump, trying to strip the ball, calling for a double team in those cases. I have a 7’0 90 Pure Rim Protector PF with the Hall of Fame Defensive Stopper and Rim Protector and do not have any issues with any dunker around the rim, even if they are 7’3.
Can’t tell if this was a serious post.

And the fact that you don’t think I’ve tried all those things is disturbing. It wouldn’t be a problem if it was as easy as jumping or pressing reach when they go up

Pure rim protectors don’t get those animations triggered against them because they have HOF defensive stopper so.....nvm

Like a pure sharp commenting on a post from a pure shot creator critiquing the shooting about shooting by saying “I shoot 3s just fine I’m a pure sharp.”

Like duh you don’t have a problem with it

Last edited by Housh123; 03-21-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:10 AM   #19
Rookie

Hornetz's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Can’t tell if this was a serious post.

And the fact that you don’t think I’ve tried all those things is disturbing. It wouldn’t be a problem if it was as easy as jumping or pressing reach when they go up

Pure rim protectors don’t get those animations triggered against them because they have HOF defensive stopper so.....nvm

Like a pure sharp commenting on a post from a pure shot creator critiquing the shooting about shooting by saying “I shoot 3s just fine I’m a pure sharp.”

Like duh you don’t have a problem with it
My point in reference was to the statement made by the OP. He claimed posterizer was ‘broken,’ inferring that it triggers either too often or in the wrong situations. I added on the tidbit about my pure rim protector to show that posterizer isn’t ‘broken’ and that there are ways you can defend against it, one way being an elite defender.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:02 AM   #20
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Posterizer is broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetz
My point in reference was to the statement made by the OP. He claimed posterizer was ‘broken,’ inferring that it triggers either too often or in the wrong situations. I added on the tidbit about my pure rim protector to show that posterizer isn’t ‘broken’ and that there are ways you can defend against it, one way being an elite defender.

Go make a center that doesn’t get HOF defensive stopper and then report back to me lol

Bro you don’t even really have a place on this one if your using a pure rim protector with HOF defensive stopper. The dunks won’t even trigger most the time VS you and if they do they’ll most likely miss.

And it’s not because you’re such an elite defender on the level that no one has ever seen on this game.......

Iv got a pure rim protector as well but he only has gold defensive stopper and i never get dunked on. I play defense the exact same way as well. It’s just the animations don’t trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-22-2018, 06:40 AM   #21
MVP

House, stop blaming the badge. It's about the fact you can't deny people position properly. It's that when you DO play good defense you're not rewarded because the ball naturally falls into the other closest offensive player. If there's 2 offensive players in the paint, the ball is going to the teammate 8/10 times if you block or they miss.

There's the fact that every fat center can be just as fast as a 6'9 player by pulling his jersey or spam square because the animation of him reaching for air is faster than his Sprint speed. Stop crying for badge removal and badge nerfing. If there was a counter to the cheese like being able to deny position entirely, or fronting being a viable option, the frequency when directly under the basket wouldn't be an issue.

Me advocating for real life situations to be more realistic on drives shouldn't mean I get to finish every time. I'm saying that PURE Athleticism needs to be in the game. When you gave up position on Shaq, you were BBQ chicken. You had to get to him early and HOPE you were strong enough to keep him off THE BLOCK. If you let him UNDER THE RIM, you're dead meat. You're pure post should be 100% be Hakeem, Kareem, Dirk, mail man, all that. Lakers Shaq had post fades and hooks but you wanted him taking those. If you let him under the basket, he'll pull it down on your head.

Raw strength, speed, athleticism, vertical, being LEAN and SPRINGY needs to feel different than STRONG AND PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH.

that's ALL I've been saying.

There's a reason 230lb rookie Lebron averaged 18ppg but when he hit 250 and still had his speed it was OVER.

JORDAN COULD FLY, WHY CAN'T I FLY IN A VIDEO GAME?

I'M SICK OF EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT DUNKING LIKE IT'S THE PROBLEM.

the problem is there's NO cart and mouse. The sharks in this game are the shooters. The GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME DOESN'T GET PICKED IN ALL STAR TEAM UP.

No one values athleticism and it makes me sick.

Up the defense, up the dunks, tone the shooting down, stop letting people left stick cheese, make them learn to dribble. Give slashers the speed with ball we need to cause havoc, make the team think about sending the army to crash, let kick outs be effective with toning down fake recovery speed. When shooters ARE wide open, no such thing as 100% and what do you get?

We got hoops back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 06:47 AM   #22
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Backing down is also broken its been like that since i remember.

Just spam r2 and ls towards basket and you will always back down your defender.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:56 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
Backing down is also broken its been like that since i remember.

Just spam r2 and ls towards basket and you will always back down your defender.

Strength rating DOES NOT MATTER.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:00 AM   #24
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Strength rating DOES NOT MATTER.
Maybe it matter when somebody have 25 and defender 99 but i didnt test it out.

But it shouldnt be that easy to back down somebody in every play if there is 10 strenght difference...

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »