Home

If 2k actually gave us a sort of "ranked" park and pro am...

This is a discussion on If 2k actually gave us a sort of "ranked" park and pro am... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2018, 01:17 PM   #1
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
If 2k actually gave us a sort of "ranked" park and pro am...

What stats would they use to determine who was elgible to play in it?

The way Rainbow Six Siege does it I don't really like. The ranked mode opens up after a certain level no matter if it took you a week to get to that level or 72 years because your trash. I do notice however that the trash kids and bums tend to stay away from ranked so in that sense its doing its job. This needs to be done in 2k. A mode so cut throat that the trash selfish bums don't even want to jump in it.

Also WHERES THE VOTE TO KICK FEATURE IN 2K!!?? That's for another day tho.

So if 2k did implement a ranked park and walk on I would like eligibility to be decided from advanced stats. Not PPG, RPG, and APG because as we all know those numbers lie. The worst players iv ever played with in the park averaged 13 PPG, 0.5 RPG, and 0.6 APG. Some of the best players I play with average around 7 PPG, 3 RPG, 2 APG. So on paper I think everyone would choose the guy getting 13 PPG until you saw how he did it. His teams are ALWAYS in close games no matter how good the other team is and his record is trash because to get that 13 PPG he's literally ignoring wide open teammate dunks to shoot. Going by ADVANCED stats only would weed these people out.

Step one: Stop catering to every 2k player. 2k is one of the only games I play that willingly caters to its crying trash little kid fanbase and ignores the adults. Chose a baseline set of advanced stats that will determine eligibility. Make this set of stats PUBLIC To everyone BEFORE LAUNCH. This would kill anyone's excuse for not being able to get ranked. The stats used should be defensive points allowed per possession, offensive points per possession, assists per possession, assist to TO ratio, rebounds per possession. AKA the game would track your stats every time you touch the ball and every time the man your guarding attempts to shoot on you. Keep the training wheels on in the unranked park and walk on but for the people who want to be able to come on 2k play 20 games and all 20 be solid games with good teammates they DESERVE this mode. 2k is dead right now because its borderline unplayable unless you have friends to play with.

Step two: Create a whole leaderboard. I don't know why 2k doesn't do this. I should be able to click your profile in the park and see your advanced stats, and world ranking. That's a no brainer to me and idk why 2k doesn't do it. There should be an average calculated by position and your stats should appear on a graph of those determined averages. The averages should be strict. PGs average in walk could be 10PPG 1 RPG, and 5 APG. If you cannot get those numbers then you should need to have good advanced stats to be able to play ranked. If your numbers are far above those averages but your advanced stats are mediocre then you should also be able to play ranked. If your advanced stats are TRASH but you are WAY ABOVE these averages then that's a red flag that you aren't a team player and the game should restrict your ranked access. So finally the bums who love to brag that they average 30 ppg will be exposed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
MVP

ph33's Arena

Re: If 2k actually gave us a sort of "ranked" park and pro am...

I'll get to the other stuff later, but I just don't think a vote kick feature would ever work unless everybody had to travel in solo (Which I doubt ever happens)

Just think of all the selfish people who would travel together and instantly vote kick the 1-2 guys they're not with so that they can do whatever they want. It'd be too easily and frequently abused.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Matrix_2k's Arena

Agreed, it would be abused. However I like the idea of a ranked pro-am with similar settings to those of the combine. I liked the more realistic style of play, would be fun.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #4
MVP

ph33's Arena

They really need to make this year's combine the "ranked" mode for next year, but more refined.

It's been argued that it would lower the VC sales so it'll never happen. I'm not totally sure about that. I think people would still play park/walk/team Pro-AM with their customized players because let's be real --- all that stuff is pretty arcadey if you've ever stepped foot in there, and most of it is due to overpowered badges. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, it can be more fun and casual if you just want a change of pace, and just want to lay back and hoop. I know sometimes I'm not really interested in playing a tryhard sim mode and I'm sure there are others out there too. I think this by itself would be a deterrent to players who aren't very good at the game, because having fewer badges and less powerful badges would turn them away and make them want to go back to their loaded MyCareer player.

This would satiate those who don't want to enter the P2W mode that is currently MyCareer, those who want to play a more sim-style AND allow people to sample different kinds of builds before dumping VC into a player. Me personally, I'd probably switch it up. Sometimes I'm just trying to chill and have a good time with friends. Other times, I get irritated at seeing 80% three-point shooting every game and would rather play a more organized form of basketball.

Oh, and you would actually have a mode where you can earn VC and have an even field, unlike MyCareer which pretty much tries to goad you into spending VC at every turn.

Last edited by ph33; 04-06-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
What stats would they use to determine who was elgible to play in it?

The way Rainbow Six Siege does it I don't really like. The ranked mode opens up after a certain level no matter if it took you a week to get to that level or 72 years because your trash. I do notice however that the trash kids and bums tend to stay away from ranked so in that sense its doing its job. This needs to be done in 2k. A mode so cut throat that the trash selfish bums don't even want to jump in it.

Also WHERES THE VOTE TO KICK FEATURE IN 2K!!?? That's for another day tho.

So if 2k did implement a ranked park and walk on I would like eligibility to be decided from advanced stats. Not PPG, RPG, and APG because as we all know those numbers lie. The worst players iv ever played with in the park averaged 13 PPG, 0.5 RPG, and 0.6 APG. Some of the best players I play with average around 7 PPG, 3 RPG, 2 APG. So on paper I think everyone would choose the guy getting 13 PPG until you saw how he did it. His teams are ALWAYS in close games no matter how good the other team is and his record is trash because to get that 13 PPG he's literally ignoring wide open teammate dunks to shoot. Going by ADVANCED stats only would weed these people out.

Step one: Stop catering to every 2k player. 2k is one of the only games I play that willingly caters to its crying trash little kid fanbase and ignores the adults. Chose a baseline set of advanced stats that will determine eligibility. Make this set of stats PUBLIC To everyone BEFORE LAUNCH. This would kill anyone's excuse for not being able to get ranked. The stats used should be defensive points allowed per possession, offensive points per possession, assists per possession, assist to TO ratio, rebounds per possession. AKA the game would track your stats every time you touch the ball and every time the man your guarding attempts to shoot on you. Keep the training wheels on in the unranked park and walk on but for the people who want to be able to come on 2k play 20 games and all 20 be solid games with good teammates they DESERVE this mode. 2k is dead right now because its borderline unplayable unless you have friends to play with.

Step two: Create a whole leaderboard. I don't know why 2k doesn't do this. I should be able to click your profile in the park and see your advanced stats, and world ranking. That's a no brainer to me and idk why 2k doesn't do it. There should be an average calculated by position and your stats should appear on a graph of those determined averages. The averages should be strict. PGs average in walk could be 10PPG 1 RPG, and 5 APG. If you cannot get those numbers then you should need to have good advanced stats to be able to play ranked. If your numbers are far above those averages but your advanced stats are mediocre then you should also be able to play ranked. If your advanced stats are TRASH but you are WAY ABOVE these averages then that's a red flag that you aren't a team player and the game should restrict your ranked access. So finally the bums who love to brag that they average 30 ppg will be exposed.
In my post for how to save the pro am community i suggested a way for 2k to implement a gym system a la Pokemon. Be it walk on Pro AM, mypark, or if they choose to bring back the Jordan Rec center from 2k15, there has to be a ranking system based on average teammate grade that allows you to gain access to these courts without letting ppl of lesser playing skill to hhave access as well.

Walk on Gyms Should Have access Levels based on Teammate grade/Performance

The 99 Overall system is such a grind that i believe it should be approached differently when it comes to access to parks and gyms. The gym access should be as follows:

Black and yellow Walk ons Teammate grade F through C+

White vs Red walk ons with Boosts Teammate grade B- through A minus on allstar difficulty

Customizable Jerseys/Clothes With Boosts and Double Rep on customizable courts for winner stays on. Hof Difficulty.

Having access to each gym should require you to play unselfish and playing the right way.

Having people play the game the right way...meaning

1)Make the extra pass...I cant stress this enough. 2K,REWARD THE EXTRA PASS!!!

2)
Space the floor properly at all positions...including non stretch centers who feel the need to camp the paint. Reward Bigs who know even they're not 3 point threats that by sitting in the corners on offense, or by going to the free throw line or setting off-ball screens, that the user should kindly rewarded.

3)Reward backdoor Cuts

4)Reward off-ball screens. Sometimes Pesky defenders on your sharpshooters can get freed up by doing your part and setting an offball screen regardless of what position you're playing.

5)Reward Kickouts after the rebounds...that 2nd chance opportunity is the difference between a lost possession and a momentum swing for your team.

6)reward good defensive position, when somebody is getting clamped up, give the user whos doing the work an extra bonus for playing the right angles, and cutting off his man. Reward users for putting their hands up in the paint and not jumping at every pump fake the opponent makes.

7)Reward double rep for streaks. People dont want to wait 8 months to turn to a 99 overall...reward users for multiple wins.

8)Get rid of double rep weekends...Make double rep all the time for gyms that people who've continuously proved to great teammates and let there be a leaderboard to show the entire gym/park how great these people are.

Last edited by Breakstarter; 04-06-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »