Home

Pro-am matchmaking is disgusting

This is a discussion on Pro-am matchmaking is disgusting within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2018, 11:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Pro-am matchmaking is disgusting

Lately it's been starting with 3 on 3 or 2 on 2 or 5 on 3 or something else stupid, with AI filling out the rest. In the meantime, other people that enter the gym will end up in another 3 on 3 game. Why the hell don't they just fill up a game and then fill up another, instead of starting game after game of 6 or 7 players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2018, 12:11 AM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pro-am matchmaking is disgusting

It's a combination of things. First off, most guards are points. There's hardly any reason to make a SG vs a point as they typically give you the same badges. Plus, most kids call for the ball every possession and like the ball in their hands (I'm the same way to an extent, but I actually pass the ball) so they think if they're a point they'll get ball more than anyone else.

Then, they completely nerfed the SF position this year so hardly any one runs it. You'll get SF that are bigger so they can have SF badges with PF height.

This also leads into less PFs as they're either SF for C just because of height.

If the game is going to continue with the archetype system, they need to make "tweeners" a thing. SF with guard speed and finishing but no shooting (Giannis) isn't even makeable.

Andre Drummond and DeAndre Jordan, the 6'10-6'11 centers that use athleticism and strength and speed to put up gawdy numbers. Where are the undersized centers leaping out of the gym to grab boards and swat shots? To sky above the whole team to grab a lob over 3 people? And throw it down with such tenacity that the rest of the game they're running away from him so they don't end up on a poster?

It's too easy to defend anyone who's not a sharp. So you get either sharps, slashers, or rebounders in walk on.

I suggest getting some buddies and going in as a team.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:57 PM   #3
Banned

The matchmaking is terrible. First off they should have added a countdown timer when the game starts. How hard was it to do that while in the pre-game lobby so you can know exactly when the game starts. They should have also added more options before joining the game such as which region you wanna play in and whether you wanna start a 10 man full game or a 6 man game.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:38 PM   #4
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
The matchmaking is terrible. First off they should have added a countdown timer when the game starts. How hard was it to do that while in the pre-game lobby so you can know exactly when the game starts. They should have also added more options before joining the game such as which region you wanna play in and whether you wanna start a 10 man full game or a 6 man game.
If they just had a locker room option that WORKED everything would be fine. Get your friends in a locker room from the main menu, let us pick which character we want, equip any animations that we need in THE SAME MENU, clothes and all that can be another MAIN MENU option. Then let us queue up any competitive mode we want. Walk on, team, or park. Load up instantly and get games all night.

Oh, let us pick our line up too like the old 2ks on PS3.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:47 AM   #5
Rookie

Hornetz's Arena

OVR: 7

What I’ve noticed is that when I go into the walk-on as a point it’s likely I’ll end up in a 3v3 game with bots at the 4 and 5 positions on both sides. However, i have two PF builds that I run on and I notice that whenever I enter on either of those guys it’s very likely I’ll get into a full game. And more often than not on the PFs it’ll load me straight into a game start - which has often left me wondering if 2K actually inserted my guy into a game that was about to start but was not full.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2018, 01:07 PM   #6
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

They should have a PROAM lobby like FIFA has for Pro Clubs and also steal divisions so you match up with teams of equal skill and you work your way up/down

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 04-20-2018, 04:47 PM   #7
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Just went into a pro am game with my power forward and was matched up against a team of 5 and all I had on my team was a tiny guard with 2k shoes and no accessories. Why do I continue playing walk on?
Old 04-20-2018, 05:32 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomshark
Lately it's been starting with 3 on 3 or 2 on 2 or 5 on 3 or something else stupid, with AI filling out the rest. In the meantime, other people that enter the gym will end up in another 3 on 3 game. Why the hell don't they just fill up a game and then fill up another, instead of starting game after game of 6 or 7 players?
It's their match making logic. This year they wanted to improve on the speed in which you get games in the park, in pro am. so what they decided to do was to give it less time to wait for others and toss in cpu guys.

In addition, in pro am I believe it's some what like the combine setup. where they first try to find the right positions to play their proper spots FIRST. then if that doesnt work they may look based on height/weight.

all that above, then its trying to go with first come first serve. meaning if you stepped into a pro am gym first. you get first dibs on the next guy who walks in that isnt at your position. but that may be the issue. it may be too many people at the same positions trying to play walk on pro am. and its killing the match making.

What should happen is this. It should ask you "would you like to play with AI players are expand the search for Any positions to play Any positions?"

if you say yes to the later. then it means if a 5'10 pg just walked into a walk on pro am gym. you will end up with that guy on your team even if you have 3 pg's already. it will end up being like real life park pick up games, where the next 5 whoever they are will run.

are you cool with a 5 Guards vs a team with 2 or 3 guards and 2 bigs? if so. then that should be an option for us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »