Home

NBA 2k League Tip-Off Tourney Preview

This is a discussion on NBA 2k League Tip-Off Tourney Preview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k League Tip-Off Tourney Preview

With all the above said. I do have a few suggestions.

2k is a basketball game. It's not FPS or a RP game.

This means take off the headsets. both teams. Basketball is played where all 10 players can hear one another. thats real basketball. this is something that needs to be emulated in the 2k league.

Now if you do this. you will get all the team internal banter as well as the mano y mano back and forth from one offensive guy to the next defender or vice versa. let guys talk. mic them up.

This is a part of real basketball. sure i see the guys getting hyped but all i hear is the commentators(who are great) telling us what the guys are saying. nope. dont try to play it safe. let us hear these guys go back and forth. lets us hear them getting into their teammates or just getting hyped about the last play.

While you're doing this 2k should have each person's audio linked to a player to record that talking. This is the kind of talking that needs to be placed into 2k 19's banter. This is basically mo-cap but for the voices. audio cap.

I see why they went with the super powered PC's to run the game. it looks great, it plays smooth. more responsive. and they can have a larger crowd without it affecting game play(which is why the crowd is so small in walk on.)
Old 05-07-2018, 03:43 PM   #18
Pro

I really want to see if this actually brings in more viewers over time or starts to fall off. It started strong on Day 1 with 10k viewers and fell down to as low as 3k viewers for the playoff/single elimination rounds. There were definitely some good games especially on Day 1. I noticed quite a few folks complaining about the camera angle during stream. Broadcast isn't the most appealing from a video game perspective IMO. I'd much rather watch from the 2k angle if possible.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #19
MVP

jk31's Arena

So, these guys are the "best" players out there? Most of them seem to don't have any clue about basketball...Just skipped through some of these games and didn't see anything that makes these players more special than the random proam guy...
Old 05-07-2018, 10:18 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I might be off here, but I agree with others here as it was hard to watch. I think what would be cooler IMO is seeing single players in a E league playing as a team and that 1 player representing that city and team, so that we can see some real basketball that includes plays and legitimate styles of play like an online league. Having each team having there own playbook, etc... I think that would also be a better representation of the game as well. I think it could draw a bigger audience as it would be funner to watch as it could / would look more like real life basketball. It's amazing to see some guy try and use his stick skills head to head versus a guy who runs plays and using strategy. I doubt some of these guys could translate over to that style. IDK just my .02... I won't be watching again I know that...
I’m not particularly interested in this but watching a game controlled by mostly bots would be even more dull.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:27 PM   #21
Banned

This league is flopping
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2018, 04:12 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
go pull up my post history in regards to this league, the combine, and the top pro am teams. I warned you guys that this would be the case. at least early on.

What people call the best in the game are necessarily the highest hoop iq guys. or they can have great basketball IQ's but the way the game rewards bad IQ when it's paired with 2k glitchy animations IQ. You were bound to have what you and the first reply said.

In my little paper application I submitted to 2k. I told them, that I would be one of the few people who could make the game PLAY like REAL Professional basketball. And thats with running specific plays or not. I dont need to chese to play well. These guys do because thats how they have reach the highest of heights in the game. My instinct is not to abuse exploits. It's to use my basketball IQ to defeat my opponent.

This is what i said it was going to be. An exploit abuse war. What 2k should be doing is using this as a beta testing ground where they keep tweaking things to get it right to the point where abusing exploits are no longer rewarding, but actual basketball savvy is.

The reason some guys are scoring so much is because they have athletic archetypes, probably paired with a shot creator. and they are abusing the 5 out offense. meaning, one guy is going to the rack from a slight angle and the defense is so afraid of the kick out for 3 due to 2ks overrated 3pt shooting ability and a lack of tipped passes or stolen passes when someone makes that pass even if a defender in the passing lane. This is how they end up so wide open even in the half court to dunk a lot.
I liked the part in bold a lot and i believed/hoped when i heard the league that this 2K League will help us having better basketball like more real life basketball iq's created in game by the great developpers as they see it in first hand here.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:12 AM   #23
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
go pull up my post history in regards to this league, the combine, and the top pro am teams. I warned you guys that this would be the case. at least early on.

What people call the best in the game are necessarily the highest hoop iq guys. or they can have great basketball IQ's but the way the game rewards bad IQ when it's paired with 2k glitchy animations IQ. You were bound to have what you and the first reply said.

In my little paper application I submitted to 2k. I told them, that I would be one of the few people who could make the game PLAY like REAL Professional basketball. And thats with running specific plays or not. I dont need to chese to play well. These guys do because thats how they have reach the highest of heights in the game. My instinct is not to abuse exploits. It's to use my basketball IQ to defeat my opponent.

This is what i said it was going to be. An exploit abuse war. What 2k should be doing is using this as a beta testing ground where they keep tweaking things to get it right to the point where abusing exploits are no longer rewarding, but actual basketball savvy is.

The reason some guys are scoring so much is because they have athletic archetypes, probably paired with a shot creator. and they are abusing the 5 out offense. meaning, one guy is going to the rack from a slight angle and the defense is so afraid of the kick out for 3 due to 2ks overrated 3pt shooting ability and a lack of tipped passes or stolen passes when someone makes that pass even if a defender in the passing lane. This is how they end up so wide open even in the half court to dunk a lot.
I wrote the same thing in application.

This cheeseres are nothing special...

And yes stealing passes and overal defense is just bad and non logical...

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:05 AM   #24
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I've enjoyed the league so far and am hopeful that over time we will begin to see better basketball being played from a team standpoint and seeing these guys run actual plays to free themselves for open shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »