Home

HOF Limitless Range + Deadeye shooter needs to be removed

This is a discussion on HOF Limitless Range + Deadeye shooter needs to be removed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2018, 07:17 PM   #33
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: HOF Limitless Range + Deadeye shooter needs to be removed

I'm not advocating for the death of 5 out. I'm strictly stating that i can shoot around 50% from deep on my pure athletic with a 58 3 pointer. Of course I've got to be wide open and on fire, but that's beside the point.

The greatest shooting power forward of all time, Dirk Nowitzki, has shot 38% from deep for his whole career!

This year shooting 60% as a pure sharp in every mode(park, pro-am, career) is viewed as low!

That's ABSURD.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:44 PM   #34
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4

Even if they do "remove" those badges, how can I believe it's not swept under the rug and still exists within the game?
Old 05-25-2018, 05:45 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTofu
Maybe you're not referring to Limitless Range and Deadeye, but if you are there would still be 5-out iso without Limitless Range and Deadeye.
Idc what set someone runs, only thing I'm trying to get rid of is unrealistic af basketball. Limitless Range + Deep Deadeeye is absolutely unrealistic and 100% fuels 5 out because of the *amount* of spacing it creates. We shouldn't have to worry about guarding a guy at nearly half court.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2018, 09:11 AM   #36
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Deadeye shots are still low percentage shots in 2k. As I've said before, limitless range is the problem, guys make tough shots in the NBA on a nightly basis, good shooters should be able to do that. Just because you played good defense doesn't mean he should miss 100% of the time. THAT isn't realistic. Did you stop to think about that for a second?
Old 05-25-2018, 10:54 AM   #37
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTofu
There is definitely a problem there are animations; certain jumping animations seem to ignore vertical, the riding animations are still there, etc. Between that and natural advantages of being tall 7'3" becomes more desirable than it should be.

I think the other problem that exists in terms of heights is that unlike real life, you get to choose how large you are, so the distribution of heights will always be taller players with longer wingspans than NBA unless height is severely punished to the point large players become completely dull.

Assuming your goal is balance and trying to make the game more sim, then I'm not even sure people should be allowed to be taller than 7'1".

Here is the number of players who have had playing time in 2017-18 season by the listed heights at Basketball-Reference:
There are 2 players in the NBA who are over 7'2", yet there is a disproportionate amount of 7'2" players in Pro-Am and it distorts roster construction and balance.
I like this stat and I really think 7'1 or maybe even 7 should be the max height for ProAM (Also why I believe ProAM should be separated from offline)

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 05-25-2018, 02:02 PM   #38
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Deadeye shots are still low percentage shots in 2k. As I've said before, limitless range is the problem, guys make tough shots in the NBA on a nightly basis, good shooters should be able to do that. Just because you played good defense doesn't mean he should miss 100% of the time. THAT isn't realistic. Did you stop to think about that for a second?
You can always tell when people who play sharps come in these threads.

No one is saying you should miss 100% of the time, especially if I'm playing hands up. But they DEFINITELY shouldn't make them when my arm pit is in your mouth and i haven't given you 2 inches of breathing room all game ends you're like 3-9 from deep already bit the game's RNG just it's like "ok, you've missed enough, splash" .
Old 05-30-2018, 03:33 PM   #39
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I still think the only player that should have it is 2015-2016 Curry.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:57 PM   #40
Rookie

BlastaX's Arena

Tbh, at the end of the day this is a video game. It’s NBA 2K18 not NBA Simulator 2018. I don’t even think you realize how many people would be complaining if 2K made all these changes to 2K19. People would be more irritated than they are now. This is has always been a case of beat em or join em, & if you’re not doing either you can leave. The real problem we have is vc. A “VC needs to be removed thread” would be nice. We all know if more people had the time to put into their myPlayer’s as all those guys who do there wouldn’t be as many issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »