Home

Noob question about running plays...

This is a discussion on Noob question about running plays... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2018, 07:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Noob question about running plays...

Ok so this question might not come out right, but here goes...I am playing a franchise with the 96 bulls and I am a little confused about freelance/ manually running plays for individuals players. Say I just have the freelance set to the usual triangle offense with playvision on full. Why is a play diagram showing up if I have the play calling on manual? Second, are the play diagrams that are being displayed just randomly picked plays from whatever freelance set I am running?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2018, 11:30 PM   #2
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Noob question about running plays...

You said your play diagram is set to full, but is it set to "all plays," or "manually called plays?"

If it's set to "all plays," then the diagrams you're seeing are showing you the freelance offense action(s). Most of the freelance offenses in the game have basic actions that are run, even if a play isn't called, to get players moving or create spacing. Once you get the hang of a freelance offense, you probably don't need to have the diagrams up at all times. But, it's not a bad idea to turn them on when you're trying out a new freelance offense.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Noob question about running plays...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev3995
Ok so this question might not come out right, but here goes...I am playing a franchise with the 96 bulls and I am a little confused about freelance/ manually running plays for individuals players. Say I just have the freelance set to the usual triangle offense with playvision on full. Why is a play diagram showing up if I have the play calling on manual? Second, are the play diagrams that are being displayed just randomly picked plays from whatever freelance set I am running?
You are getting confused by playvision and play calling.

Play vision is when you call a play and it shows you a diagram of where to be on the floor whether you want it full or lite. Full means it shows you the entire diagram of where every player on your team is supposed to be. Lite means it only shows a diagram of where the user is supposed to be.

Playcalling is set to either auto or manual. This is for either offense or defense. On offense, if you set this to auto, the coach on your team will call plays automatically for your team from the playbook. Manual means you would have to call the play yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »