Home

LeBron James deserves 99 overall

This is a discussion on LeBron James deserves 99 overall within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #65
Rookie

Xuriath's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: LeBron James deserves 99 overall

*Lebron signs with Lakers*

Tomorrow morning

*Is Lebron really as good as 2K rates him?*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 06:31 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm probably gonna regret saying this here, but Kobe never got a 99 and he was better than LeBron, so...
Old 06-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #67
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babioso
I'm probably gonna regret saying this here, but Kobe never got a 99 and he was better than LeBron, so...
I think what takes Lebron over 99 is the fact he's incredible on defense and can be one of the best defenders when he really goes all out. Kobe was an offensive dude, not saying he didn't play D, but not like Lebron. For me, that's the only reason Lebron deserves higher than 99.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:10 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
LeBron is a much better player than Kobe was, but I don't want to start that argument here. But even if you were to be on the side who thinks Kobe was better, he absolutely wouldn't be better in terms of a 2k rating right?

LeBron will have better attributes at the rim, better post scoring attributes, better physical attributes, better passing attributes, better rebounding attributes, his 3 point shooting is better, so at least better still 3 point rating, better blocking, better post defense, drawing fouls, durability, etc.

I could understand Kobe having better mid-range shooting attributes, lateral quickness, maybe a SLIGHTLY higher on ball defense, better free throw rating. But literally nearly everything else 2k lists LeBron would be higher in.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:12 AM   #69
Rookie

This post I can totally respect and understand you're reasoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I think what takes Lebron over 99 is the fact he's incredible on defense and can be one of the best defenders when he really goes all out. Kobe was an offensive dude, not saying he didn't play D, but not like Lebron. For me, that's the only reason Lebron deserves higher than 99.
This post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
LeBron is a much better player than Kobe was, but I don't want to start that argument here. But even if you were to be on the side who thinks Kobe was better, he absolutely wouldn't be better in terms of a 2k rating right?

LeBron will have better attributes at the rim, better post scoring attributes, better physical attributes, better passing attributes, better rebounding attributes, his 3 point shooting is better, so at least better still 3 point rating, better blocking, better post defense, drawing fouls, durability, etc.

I could understand Kobe having better mid-range shooting attributes, lateral quickness, maybe a SLIGHTLY higher on ball defense, better free throw rating. But literally nearly everything else 2k lists LeBron would be higher in.
Yeah we will never agree on that whatsoever. Better 3 point shooter...ok I'm just gonna leave it
Old 06-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #70
MVP

3304Life's Arena

LeBron James deserves 99 overall

Quote:
This post I can totally respect and understand you're reasoning

This post...

Yeah we will never agree on that whatsoever. Better 3 point shooter...ok I'm just gonna leave it

Do you think career 33% shooter Kobe Bryant, whose best season was 38% on 4 attempts per game, is a better shooter than LeBron?

Opinions are opinions and ‘none are wrong’. But nobody can seriously believe Kobe was better at this point. He wasn’t, not close to LeBron.

Last edited by 3304Life; 06-13-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:26 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3304Life
Do you think career 33% shooter Kobe Bryant, whose best season was 38% on 4 attempts per game, is a better shooter than LeBron?
The fact that you say that and quote stats shows you haven't watched the NBA long. In the early 2000s and late 90s 3 point shooting wasn't even the same as it is today. It was by no means the biggest part of the game.

Also, the types of 3 pointers that Kobe took and the amount of contested shots he took at the end of games etc will have hurt his percentage.

Honestly, anyone who has watched the NBA since late 90s/early 2000s would take Kobe over LeBron if they needed a shot to be hit.

If you're younger I understand. You only know Kobe in his last few years, and you're basing the rest of your opinion based off of a stat sheet.

There's nothing more to say on this anyway. We're never going to agree and were going massively off topic now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3304Life
Opinions are opinions and ‘none are wrong’. But nobody can seriously believe Kobe was better at this point. He wasn’t, not close to LeBron.
This edited part is just insanity. The man won more rings. Just on that part of the argument alone you can't say he "wasn't even close" to LeBron. I get you're a LeBron fan but come on man. That's pure insanity. The guy just got swept out of the finals! Did Kobe? Did Jordan?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »