Home

Archetype Progression

This is a discussion on Archetype Progression within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2018, 02:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Archetype Progression

This is just my opinion of course but next year in NBA 2k19, I hope they make it to where you as a player actually decide what you become and as you play the games in my park my career and pro am it adjusts. Meaning if I'm a playmaking slasher but down the line I develop a three or play defense better or I don't do play defense good... it would adjust it. What I'm calling for would basically be an archetype progression(depending on how your playing)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: Archetype Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2win00
This is just my opinion of course but next year in NBA 2k19, I hope they make it to where you as a player actually decide what you become and as you play the games in my park my career and pro am it adjusts. Meaning if I'm a playmaking slasher but down the line I develop a three or play defense better or I don't do play defense good... it would adjust it. What I'm calling for would basically be an archetype progression(depending on how your playing)

99 3 ball, 99 dunk, 99 ball handling, with no points in defense or rebounding and you'll still be able to play defense because you're giant for your position.

Does no one remember 15?
Old 06-30-2018, 04:53 PM   #3
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2win00
people boosting themselves in games vs noobs for the real competition, no thanks. If you already upper tier player, you don't need "exclusive boosts" to give you extra advantage .
Old 06-30-2018, 09:46 PM   #4
Banned

Pro-Am and Park need to be separated from offline MyCareer. 2k could take a page from FIFA and how your Pro Clubs player progresses
Old 07-01-2018, 03:00 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
99 3 ball, 99 dunk, 99 ball handling, with no points in defense or rebounding and you'll still be able to play defense because you're giant for your position.

Does no one remember 15?
But it was still equal because everyone had the same skills. 15 was ruined by patch 4 shooting and the demigod glitch creating 7'2 PG's.

2k15 was infinitely more fun than either of the games released since we've had this terrible archetype system, and I've no doubt it will be more fun than whatever they release for 19.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2018, 03:20 PM   #6
MVP

A third tier of archetypes would fix everything. You want a little bit of handles with a good shot? Sharp/sharp/pm

I like dunking and ball handling but i NEED a 70 3 ball. Slasher/pm/sharp

I don't know what people want, man.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:11 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
A third tier of archetypes would fix everything. You want a little bit of handles with a good shot? Sharp/sharp/pm

I like dunking and ball handling but i NEED a 70 3 ball. Slasher/pm/sharp

I don't know what people want, man.
Yay, we can water it down even further and up with all 70's ratings and have the time of our lives with an even further watered down 3 archetype system instead of 2. I started playing this game originally for career mode, and loved creating my favourite players in the game.

I don't get why people want limits on their video game players, it makes no sense to me. I want a superstar jack of all trades, and I want everyone else to have one too, and the best players will still be the best players, but those who's only skill in the game is pressing the shoot button a hundredth of a second more accurately than someone else will have to up their game. Kill HoF badges, and start making this game fun again.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:51 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Yay, we can water it down even further and up with all 70's ratings and have the time of our lives with an even further watered down 3 archetype system instead of 2. I started playing this game originally for career mode, and loved creating my favourite players in the game.

I don't get why people want limits on their video game players, it makes no sense to me. I want a superstar jack of all trades, and I want everyone else to have one too, and the best players will still be the best players, but those who's only skill in the game is pressing the shoot button a hundredth of a second more accurately than someone else will have to up their game. Kill HoF badges, and start making this game fun again.
And i don't understand how anyone thinks a 99 everything is fun. To me, i just want to do what i want to do. I want to pass and dunk. But the gameplay ITSELF is so watered down i had to make a center who ONLY dunks to play how i want.

A 3rd archetype means you can LITERALLY create any player of all time. I agree that HOF badges should be gone.

First: 90 in whatever one category you choose. Gold badges. 3 Max.
Second: 80 rating in one category. Silver badges. 3 max.
Second: 70 ratings and bronze badges 2.

That means everyone can "specialize" how they want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »