Home

Assuming archetypes are similar in 2k19, what you making?

This is a discussion on Assuming archetypes are similar in 2k19, what you making? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2018, 03:39 PM   #49
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Assuming archetypes are similar in 2k19, what you making?

Honestly, we should make start a petition of some sort to really make them commit to a 7'1 height restriction or at least nerf them to where they're literally super weak in the post or something. I can usually win the war, but man I've had some rough match ups in the paint.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:52 PM   #50
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Honestly, we should make start a petition of some sort to really make them commit to a 7'1 height restriction or at least nerf them to where they're literally super weak in the post or something. I can usually win the war, but man I've had some rough match ups in the paint.
Yeah we just need balance for ProAM. 7'3s and pure sharps are definitely the top two things to come to my mind. I don't want them to be useless I just want them to be balanced. But if 2K can't handle that then they might as well go 7'1 or even just flat out 7 feet as the cap.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 07-30-2018, 05:01 PM   #51
Rookie

RallerenAFC's Arena

So far I have had two main players each year since the archetypes came in the game.

2k17: PF Lockdown Defender 6'10 | SF Lockdown Defender 6'7
2k18: PF Sharpshooting Rim Protector 6'8 | SF Slashing Sharpshooter 6'7

This year I am definitely going Defending as my primary skill and then Shooting as my secondary skill. I like being an offball player offensively that can consistently hit a 3pointer and then also having a fine slashing ability. Dont need anything overpowered just need my player to be good all-around offensively.

Defensively I have discovered while playing 2k18 without a defending archetype that I find it absolutely awful so its obvious for me that I'm going with defense as primary skill.

Hopefully 2k wont hide anything from us this year regarding archetypes and their ratings (Im afraid they will tho) so I dont need to guess my ratings. Im planning on going somewhere between 6'7 to 6'10 for my height and then SF or PF as position.

Im really looking forward to try out the defense this year with how they are saying they changed it. Hopefully it has improved a lot and it will be much fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2018, 05:18 PM   #52
Rookie

R4ngerR4y's Arena

OVR: 1

Well, on 2k17 I had a sharpshooting SG which was fairly fun. Last year I only had one build which was a 6'11 Shot-creating Athletic Finisher and that was a blast. I only made it to 89 overall (damn cutscenes, too much loading, and the grind was real) but I could get around anyone and dunk on everyone. Plus a deadeye from midrange and would hit open threes off pick and pops. Teamed up with Westbrook, PG, Adams, and Shammys insane 3pt shooting we dominated the league. Westbrook and myplayer would almost averagely get triple doubles on Hall of Fame.

However this year Im thinking one of these builds:
6'10 Playmaking Athletic finisher PF (Ben Simmons like)
7'1 Playmaking Shooting C
6'4 Playmaking Sharp PG
6'4 or 6'5 Defensive Playmaker PG
6'8 Defensive Slasher SF

I'm thinking a playmaking shooting center would be insane. At 7'1 as long as you get good position and play with high IQ you would gobble up rebounds and be able to dunk fairly easy. Plus being a shooting threat with passing skills you could space the floor and hit dimes all day. Triple double machine.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:58 PM   #53
Rookie

XxCavaliers360's Arena

The ultimate goal is to stick with one player, but it's so damn difficult; I may just go with a 6'9" rebounding defender, but the inability to shoot is so frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
****, being a huge Yao fan and watching a lot of his highlights recently I want them to increase the height, lol, but those players are broken cause they play like guards and aren't heavy/grounded enough.

Just throwing this out there: perhaps you should have to unlock a height increase somehow; like at 90, 95 and 99 you chose to increase an inch at each interval, but then that would just make the best players better so idk.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:12 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCavaliers360
The ultimate goal is to stick with one player, but it's so damn difficult; I may just go with a 6'9" rebounding defender, but the inability to shoot is so frustrating.
I run a 6'8" rebounding defender, it's literally almost all about put backs and back door cuts on offense.You can post up shorter defenders most of the time too.You also can get a decent amount of FT's as well if the other team plays you too aggressive.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:18 PM   #55
Rookie

XxCavaliers360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
I run a 6'8" rebounding defender, it's literally almost all about put backs and back door cuts on offense.You can post up shorter defenders most of the time too.You also can get a decent amount of FT's as well if the other team plays you too aggressive.
I'm a 3v3 park player so the build is less than ideal but I'm still gonna try it.

I miss open shots even with my pure sharp so I guess the lack of shooting isn't even a big deal, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2018, 05:44 AM   #56
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I’m hoping the ability to get any bronze badge returns . I liked that a lot in 17. Felt more like myplayer .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »