Home

Stupid rant aimed at "YOU" 2k players

This is a discussion on Stupid rant aimed at "YOU" 2k players within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #1
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27
Stupid rant aimed at "YOU" 2k players

Forgive me for this, but I need to get this off my mind.

YOU, the 2k players, are to blame for bad ratings.

No, it's not 100% your fault, maybe not even 20%...but you take part in it.

It's not so bad here on OS, at least in the few threads I decide to poke around in, but all over the internet..youtube, twitter, reddit, facebook, everything that has 2k discussion.

When 2k drops a rating that is "low" hundreds, if not thousands of people start b****g about how its "disrespectful" to the player.. NO ITS NOT.

That player EARNED a bad/low rating. The fact that players themselves get so upset (not sure if they are actually upset but some probably are) over their rating then go freaking earn it. I'm just sick of people thinking that you should get a good rating because of your name rather than your play.

Man, if you go get a 2.0 GPA in high school, it's not disrespectful for colleges to not accept you. Stop encouraging 2k to boost overalls just to please egos or your favorite basketball game will NEVER reflect the NBA as much as it could and should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 01:22 PM   #2
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stupid rant aimed at "YOU" 2k players

I mean this applies to almost every aspect of 2k.

They add a new dribble or shot feature and people complain to change it back instead of learning how to use it first.

People want instant gratification and don't like change. If that was the case we'd have the same game with the same rated players for 10 years straight.

Remember when Kobe was washed and people were crying about his rating? Like oh it's Kobe he should be a 90 because of respect...get outta here.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

-Allen Iverson
Old 07-25-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

The only player I can think of that deserved a higher rating was Derrick Rose last year. He was only a 78 overall after averaging 18-4-4. I know those numbers don't mean everything, but Lonzo and Fultz were both rated 80 overall for god's sake. But yeah I pretty much agree with everything you said.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:43 PM   #4
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Don't waste your time on OVR discussions. The system that determines OVR has its own flaws:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...l-ratings.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »