Home

2 defensive gameplay issues that should be fixed

This is a discussion on 2 defensive gameplay issues that should be fixed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2 defensive gameplay issues that should be fixed

Is there any settings to stop all of my cpu teammates from trying to get a defensive rebound in the paint when they should be staying with their defensive assignments? This is so annoying, especially against the Warriors. They will get an offensive rebound and then kick it back out to a shooter for an easy 3. The only thing I can do is take control of someone to get back to the 3 point line, but I can only do that for 1 person, not 3 elite shooters.

Also, on a defensive fast break, the cpus are nowhere near their assignments. It's like they're running to try to get to the paint instead of their assignments. I'm guessing the only way to fix these problems is manually, right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2 defensive gameplay issues that should be fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLPGBoy
Is there any settings to stop all of my cpu teammates from trying to get a defensive rebound in the paint when they should be staying with their defensive assignments? This is so annoying, especially against the Warriors. They will get an offensive rebound and then kick it back out to a shooter for an easy 3. The only thing I can do is take control of someone to get back to the 3 point line, but I can only do that for 1 person, not 3 elite shooters.

Also, on a defensive fast break, the cpus are nowhere near their assignments. It's like they're running to try to get to the paint instead of their assignments. I'm guessing the only way to fix these problems is manually, right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'm starting to think it was done on purpose to give people scoring opportunities because the AI can't be this stupid.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-25-2018, 09:43 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 2 defensive gameplay issues that should be fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
I'm starting to think it was done on purpose to give people scoring opportunities because the AI can't be this stupid.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Honestly alot of weird things happen in this game on the AIs side in order to give up open 3s...

Fast break "defense", random help "defense", when someone grabs 1 or 2 offensive rebounds and your 6 foot pg decides to come into tbe pain to get a closer look leaving his man wide open "defense", and pick and roll "defense"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »