Home

Will LeBron actually play like LeBron this year?

This is a discussion on Will LeBron actually play like LeBron this year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2018, 04:25 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Will LeBron actually play like LeBron this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2016
Will LeBron James actually play like LeBron James this year?

Biggest pet peeve with LeBron in 2k is how he plays nothing like he does in real life.

LeBron James is very arguably the most skilled player of all time and needs to play like it.

His jumpshot needs to be tweaked to reflect his current

His spin move is one of the most lethal moves in basketball.

He can fade over either shoulder all the way out to the 3pt line.

He’s ambidextrous and can finish, handle with either hand.

His handles look tight in the gameplay I’ve seen. He needs his signature size ups, hesitations, and step back.

He’s an extremely high IQ rebounder.

He has a nice floater that he works on.

He has that KD running toward baseline one hand off the glass shot.

His range is limitless. His deep shooting from 28+ feet (52%) was the highest recorded mark in nba history. More shots than KD and Steph from out there last year and much more efficient.

He can pull up from anywhere. His pull up from 3 last season was more efficient than KD’s. Catch and shoot from anywhere.

We all know about his passing.

His defense was underrated by literally everyone last year because of a few lazy *** games in January. His defense in the playoffs was elite. Especially elite in November and December.

His footwork on both ends was damn near impeccable as the season went on.

LeBron went to a basketball level never seen before toward the end of the year, peaking at game 1 of the Finals.

His d-Wade half spin needs to be implemented.

Post fades.

Pull up from midrange.

LeBron had every move in the bag last season.. unguarded-able

He plays like a stiff, rhythm-less, brick-laying, drive and kick train in 2k18.

Complete slap in the face to true basketball players and LeBron fans who watch every second of his every game on every end.
Nothing like he plays irl? I just played all-star teamup with LeBron (current year) yesterday a couple times, and was lovin' it, felt like Lebron, almost got a triple double. But I'd never be against more realism, where every single detail, movement, and animation reminds you of the player.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:29 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
well, after going back through and reading some other posts your right, many t were talking about the AI. If I offended those guys I apologize as I rarely play against the AI. However, the original post which I read completely made no mention of the AI so I still stand by my response in that regard. I will say I have been going ham on forums tonight and you helped me realize that so something must be stuck in my Craw.
Same here lol. A lot of us are responding to the OP -- which didn't mention AI at all. LeBrons one of the funnest players to use in this game BECAUSE he controls like his real self.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:25 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
HAHAHAHA, This has to be the absolute most absurd thing I have read on this forum in a bit. First LeBron had a remarkable stretch in the playoffs but you going on is so much slirping there probably is a puddle under your chin right now. LeBron shot %36.5 from 3 this year. Good for him, 3rd best of his career but no where near the top 3 point shooters, especially when you account for how many more 3s Curry and Durant put up. Bron had some games in the playoffs where he got crazy hot and was hitting stupid fadaways from impossible distances but that is not the norm. His mid range shooting percentages are not even that good. What do you want 2k only to rate dudes based on their all time great performances? I mean Kobe went wild from 3 in the 81 point game and some 60 point games while holding the most 3s in a game record, so should he be rated at a 99 3 based on those performances? Come back to reality.
Next Bron is BY FAR the most dominant player to use in this game IF you use him like he plays. I am not a hard core Bron fan, but I actually prefer to use the Cavs over every other team because it is easiest to replicate their real life schemes and results. Spread the floor, search for the match ups to abuse in with Lebron on isos or just play the pick and roll with all the shooters and he becomes unstoppable. He is a tank in this game and will literally take a 1 on 1 match up to the whole with him or on the blow by and hammer everything or even finish through contact better than any other player in the game. He is unbelievably easy to use. IRL his most success is getting the favorable matchups and steamrolling his way to the hoops. He does not use a bunch of dribble moves, he uses a hesi or a cross and blows by because he is faster and stronger than everyone else at his position. This game replicates that very well. His size up package is pretty weak, but if you rely on size ups with a player that can speed burst you have a lot to learn anyway. I don't want to be that jerk, but dude, Bron is already the best player in this game, git gud.
I will make videos documenting his skills from last season. For the 2k community. a lot of people will appreciate his true game more.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:34 PM   #20
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
HAHAHAHA, This has to be the absolute most absurd thing I have read on this forum in a bit. First LeBron had a remarkable stretch in the playoffs but you going on is so much slirping there probably is a puddle under your chin right now. LeBron shot %36.5 from 3 this year. Good for him, 3rd best of his career but no where near the top 3 point shooters, especially when you account for how many more 3s Curry and Durant put up. Bron had some games in the playoffs where he got crazy hot and was hitting stupid fadaways from impossible distances but that is not the norm. His mid range shooting percentages are not even that good. What do you want 2k only to rate dudes based on their all time great performances? I mean Kobe went wild from 3 in the 81 point game and some 60 point games while holding the most 3s in a game record, so should he be rated at a 99 3 based on those performances? Come back to reality.
Next Bron is BY FAR the most dominant player to use in this game IF you use him like he plays. I am not a hard core Bron fan, but I actually prefer to use the Cavs over every other team because it is easiest to replicate their real life schemes and results. Spread the floor, search for the match ups to abuse in with Lebron on isos or just play the pick and roll with all the shooters and he becomes unstoppable. He is a tank in this game and will literally take a 1 on 1 match up to the whole with him or on the blow by and hammer everything or even finish through contact better than any other player in the game. He is unbelievably easy to use. IRL his most success is getting the favorable matchups and steamrolling his way to the hoops. He does not use a bunch of dribble moves, he uses a hesi or a cross and blows by because he is faster and stronger than everyone else at his position. This game replicates that very well. His size up package is pretty weak, but if you rely on size ups with a player that can speed burst you have a lot to learn anyway. I don't want to be that jerk, but dude, Bron is already the best player in this game, git gud.
I thought it was pretty obvious that he was talking about tendencies, which is strictly CPU controlled. Other than that, adding in proper animations for his skillset.

Playing against an AI-Lebron lead team in 2k18 didn't feel any different than any other game. He doesn't play like himself at all when the CPU is controlling him. A lot of that is because they didn't run a real offense like most teams. Playing against the Warriors, for example, you have to constantly chase around CPU Curry because they're running plays that have him moving around. But against Lebron, he's just kinda hangs out most of the time; he's not even the primary ball handler like he was in real life.

You never get that (for lack of a better word) fear when he has the ball. Is he going to bully his way through me as a defender? Is he going drive and kick out if help comes over, knowing he can make a bullet pass across the lane? Is he going to use my momentum trying to keep up with him against me and step back?

Those were never really a concern against CPU Lebron.
Old 08-06-2018, 03:22 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
oh, I didn't even touch on his defense. If anything he is overrated on defense in this game. At no point this season or during the playoffs was he an elite defensive player. He takes tons of possessions off, does not run back on defense a significant amount of the time, and constantly takes the easiest match up on the floor. Why is the dude guarding Draymond green, marcus smart, or bagdonovic, when those teams all have elite wing players to guard. Worst yet, he refuses to fight through screens and calls for an instant switch even if he has clear space to get through. He is a big part of the reason the Cavs were one of the worst defensive teams all season even with completely revamping their roster half way through.
Perfect, thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2018, 04:05 PM   #22
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Wish I could use custom rosters in mycareer . Superstars don’t play like themselves and it kills immersion.
Does any player at all in MyCareer player like themselves? It seems like every single player just players in some scattershot random fashion.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:25 PM   #23
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I know it's not an option for MyCareer, but have ya'll really gone the whole year without playing with roster with tendencies redone? You've missed out. You'll get A.I Bron playing like Bron.

But yeah, hopefully 2k does a better job with this OOB & with updates next year...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-06-2018, 05:33 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 1

What needed changed to make him play like that? If you know..
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I know it's not an option for MyCareer, but have ya'll really gone the whole year without playing with roster with tendencies redone? You've missed out. You'll get A.I Bron playing like Bron.

But yeah, hopefully 2k does a better job with this OOB & with updates next year...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »