Home

If HOF badges were removed, how upset would you be?

This is a discussion on If HOF badges were removed, how upset would you be? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2018, 03:46 PM   #89
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: If HOF badges were removed, how upset would you be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
Now if someone has a 99 3 point rating,
HOF deadeye,
HOF Catch and shoot,
gets on fire so now he gets this new takeover/full bring down the house meter,
And he recieves a pass from a HOF dimer,

His 99 3 point open attribute becomes what? 136?

So if he misses he'll be pisssseddddd,

Then because 2k put these NBA Jam power ups in the game in the first place now they have to waste time balancing something that shouldn't have even needed to be a problem in the first place, and this 'new shooting algorithm' will fluctuate success rates just like they've been doing the past 2ks, nerfing this jumpshot and buffing that jumpshot.

All they had to do was put more attributes in the game if they wanted to seperate elites from regulars.

Why have a contact dunk rating if a 70 Contact dunk rating with HOF posterizor is equally as succesful as a 99 without?
A- to the MFn-men. Badges are so stupid. Makes things that should be simple so complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryocoola31
That is a boring game. I am sorry. I rather work toward something then just some attributes points.

Plus you literally lose the nuances of different archetypes. Shooting for example. Every shooter is the same at catch and shoot & stand still with the same rating. That is lame.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk
Read a couple sentences man. You can have more ratings to separate players. Badges are an absolute negative to the game online. Offline I have no experience to speak of.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Old 08-11-2018, 03:57 PM   #90
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

I still don't know why we have Deadeye badges and Contested Shot Ratings. That Free Throw Badge they added this year is also laughable.

Outside of Chasedown Artist, Charge Card, and Pick Dodger I can't name one other badge that can't be replicated through the regular rating system.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:19 PM   #91
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
I still don't know why we have Deadeye badges and Contested Shot Ratings. That Free Throw Badge they added this year is also laughable.

Outside of Chasedown Artist, Charge Card, and Pick Dodger I can't name one other badge that can't be replicated through the regular rating system.
Agreed, I think Contested Shot Rating is all that is needed; that would let them fine tune exactly how much certain players are bothered by pressure.

I think the Free Throw badge was just an excuse to make players have to grind at least a little bit to be competent at them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
A- to the MFn-men. Badges are so stupid. Makes things that should be simple so complicated.

Read a couple sentences man. You can have more ratings to separate players. Badges are an absolute negative to the game online. Offline I have no experience to speak of.
Yep gotcha. Just don't agree. I rather see someone put the work with there slasher to get the best dunks success as opposed to buying there player straight away with a 99 something dunk and already OP out of the gate getting every poster.

It adds a layer to the game and demonstrates the difference between someone who just made a character with that build. I mean you could change the fact you get most of primary character's attributes right away, but does not seem like that will change. I don't really think badges besides some of hof (i.e. shooting) are really that bad having played a ton of park/pro-am.

Last edited by ryocoola31; 08-11-2018 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:55 PM   #93
Pro

If HOF badges were removed, how upset would you be?

Quote:
That is a boring game. I am sorry. I rather work toward something then just some attributes points.

Plus you literally lose the nuances of different archetypes. Shooting for example. Every shooter is the same at catch and shoot & stand still with the same rating. That is lame.

A few questions.

How is working towards badges different than working for attributes?
Is it just that you want something shinny at the end?

How do you lose the nuances of different archetypes by removing badges?
Your example isn’t really an example of anything.
Shooters all have the same badges, so if they have the same ratings, as you stated, then the badges that all shooter get don’t separate them any differently.

Badges don’t separate anything more than the ratings could or do.
It’s technically just an arcade boost straight from NBA Jam.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by awg811; 08-12-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:23 PM   #94
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
A few questions.

How is working towards badges different than working for attributes?
Is it just that you want something shinny at the end?

How do you lose the nuances of different archetypes by removing badges?
Your example isn’t really an example of anything.
Shooters all have the same badges, so if they have the same ratings, as you stated, then the badges that all shooter get don’t separate them any differently.

Badges don’t separate anything more than the ratings could or do.
It’s technically just an arcade boost straight from NBA Jam.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This isn't really crazy stuff. You get your attributes as a slasher right away besides a couple maybe. Those who play the game more than someone who just bought up to 85 get utilize these skills better. I mean it does not have a be that way, but is a nice reward for people who put the work in.

Working toward attributes really isn't as rewarding in the current game, but you argue they made it that way.

Yes something shiny is nice. It is a video game. You get rewards....you keep playing. You work toward goals and get more rewards. I am lost why this a even question.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:53 AM   #95
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Yep gotcha. Just don't agree. I rather see someone put the work with there slasher to get the best dunks success as opposed to buying there player straight away with a 99 something dunk and already OP out of the gate getting every poster.

It adds a layer to the game and demonstrates the difference between someone who just made a character with that build. I mean you could change the fact you get most of primary character's attributes right away, but does not seem like that will change. I don't really think badges besides some of hof (i.e. shooting) are really that bad having played a ton of park/pro-am.

My b for coming off rude I was cranky after seeing those twitter replies about the shot meter lol.

Anyhow, I feel like you can accomplish what you want by making ratings more difficult to obtain or something. I just think badges are poor because of the extra layer of complexity that isn't needed. I think they're just too difficult to balance, that's why having one variable(rating) effect the gameplay, would make it easier for the devs to fix trash like ankle breaker and Pure Sharp badges

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »