Home

NBA 2K19 Soundtrack Revealed

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Soundtrack Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 08:44 AM   #73
Rookie

Bigmac612's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack Revealed

Old 08-17-2018, 12:34 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3304Life
Rock = racism is genuinely your own take on the matter so you can’t pretend that anybody else is saying that.

Madden had ****in confederate general Yelawolf on the other year, go at that if you want to claim racism, not a genre of music that isn’t presented in the soundtrack.

Anyway, as always, there are alternatives to a bad soundtrack.

As for the new rap vs old school stuff I’m seeing in here, it’s some elitist **** as it always is. I didn’t expect to see it on an NBA 2K forum though tbh. But if people wrote off the likes of Pac before giving him a chance we would’ve gotten nowhere in hip hop. And I’m saying this as somebody who has given new age hip hop a prolonged chance and I’m still not hugely impressed.
Man look

I've come to accept there is a giant gap in how OS views everything and how like...normal people view things

I attribute it to age mostly and the fact it's of course insulated here, you see it with the reaction to MyTeam/Ultimate Team, the No Coach Mode no 2K thread, reactions to the music, all that.

Also if you want recs for newer rap/hip-hop hmu, I got a wide berth of taste when it comes to it from the lyrical flows to ignorant bangers, to all of it. I just love the hip-hop we got today man, just the innovation behind the production and how many new artists can be found making decent to good sounding music is just nice.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:54 PM   #75
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Yea man a lot of rap these days heavily relies on the music itself, beats and atmosphere...vocal effects...it's evolved from just dudes spitting over beats to songs and almost like pop music in a way...

Don't mean it's bad..cuz I find a lot of old school rap boring..I appreciate the level of mic skill but as a whole, the song itself, is lacking. Beats get outdated and hooks are different..it's just the era you grew up in..doesn't mean it has to be trash and garbage if you don't like it.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 01:03 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Yea man a lot of rap these days heavily relies on the music itself, beats and atmosphere...vocal effects...it's evolved from just dudes spitting over beats to songs and almost like pop music in a way...

Don't mean it's bad..cuz I find a lot of old school rap boring..I appreciate the level of mic skill but as a whole, the song itself, is lacking. Beats get outdated and hooks are different..it's just the era you grew up in..doesn't mean it has to be trash and garbage if you don't like it.

When I was younger, I used to really only like artists who were technically good rappers, your Eminems, your Kendricks, your MF Dooms, etc

Then I started to realize, it don't matter how good your rapping skill is, if the beats stink. So I started to get way more interested in artists who make good music, bangers, chill, all of it and my favorites are those who can do both, like Kendrick, Kanye, Outkast, etc
Old 08-17-2018, 01:16 PM   #77
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:

Yeah, I was trying to avoid the era battles in this thread, lol. I'm 42, so I already know that I got a bias preference in music. Most generations think their music was better than the generation after them. Me and my old man got into a discussion about Jodeci vs The Isley Brothers before, lol.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:17 PM   #78
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlegacy
When I was younger, I used to really only like artists who were technically good rappers, your Eminems, your Kendricks, your MF Dooms, etc

Then I started to realize, it don't matter how good your rapping skill is, if the beats stink. So I started to get way more interested in artists who make good music, bangers, chill, all of it and my favorites are those who can do both, like Kendrick, Kanye, Outkast, etc
Exactly..it's music not freestyles or battle rap lol

Just because you enjoy hip hop as a whole genre doesn't mean you're ignorant to who has technical abilities...

Basketball example...

Who's more fun to watch Tim Duncan or Anthony Davis? But obviously Timmy is (at the moment) the better more accomplished player..

Enjoying one but also respecting and acknowledging the other doesn't take anything away from either one

-Allen Iverson
Old 08-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #79
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Yeah, I was trying to avoid the era battles in this thread, lol. I'm 42, so I already know that I got a bias preference in music. Most generations think their music was better than the generation after them. Me and my old man got into a discussion about Jodeci vs The Isley Brothers before, lol.
But the Isley brothers tho lol

The great thing about music is that there's so much out there, just enjoy what you like and don't trash other people online lol

-Allen Iverson
Old 08-17-2018, 03:52 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
But the Isley brothers tho lol

The great thing about music is that there's so much out there, just enjoy what you like and don't trash other people online lol

And it's really that simple

Also Isley Brothers > Jodeci all day

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »